Dispelling Watchtower Myths of RC Beliefs

by Amazing 60 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    But's at least it's over quickly, not forever and forever being tortured!

This is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

IV. HELL

1033 We cannot be united with God unless we freely choose to love him. But we cannot love God if we sin gravely against him, against our neighbor or against ourselves: "He who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."[610] Our Lord warns us that we shall be separated from him if we fail to meet the serious needs of the poor and the little ones who are his brethren.[611] To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God's merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self- exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called "hell."

This recent post sums up and describes the RCC's teaching on Hell:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/157739/2894052/post.ashx#2894052

• greendawn
    greendawn

White Dove, the JWs are not really christians despite what they claim because they do not participate in the new covenant except very few of them and even they especially the GB members don't really know what it means.

If you are not part of the new covenant under whatever pretext then you are not christian, end of story. Even worse the JWs are not centred about christ but about the old testament jewish god jehovah, their main focus is on the organisation of jehovah not the church of christ.

Need I say more as to why so many people see the JWs as judaism in disguise pretending to be christianity in order to undermine it from within eg by driving people away from the new covenant through cunning pretexts, thanks to the GB members who are, gasp, the christian elite of all the elite in the world? For christians christ and not jehovah is the saviour and central personality and that is the central conflict between christians and jews like the ones running the WTS.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I personally believe the RCC is the harlot of Babylon mentioned in Revelation.

A reformation-era canard based on an utter distortion of Revelation. The JW's really ran with that one.

The church as a whole is FULL of non necessary dogma/traditions that are NOT Biblical.

So, not necessary=evil? Not in the Bible=evil?

All you have to do is really study their PAGAN origins and corrupt history.

Please, elucidate. Have you studied the pagan origins of what you believe?

Case in point is that after the Babylonians were conquered and were expelled from their land, many of them migrated and set up camp in southern Italy. In time the RCC rose from the ashes of the fallen Roman Empire mixing their version of "Christianity" with the pagan roots of their ancestors.

Can I please have some of that kool-aid? Please?

Such doctrines including holy water, baptism for the dead, veneration of the virgin (Semiramis) and baby etc, were incorporated into the RCC. As history has shown, anyone that didn't adhere to their brand of Christianity (including Jews and other groups),could easily be put on trial for heresy and therefore executed...need I say the Inquisitions?

And have non-Catholic Christian groups behaved any better?

I have kept this vague and very short for now, but can expound in many further details if needed.

I suspect you've kept it vague because you're full of it. And no, not the holy spirit.

BTS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The truth is that the catholic church is one step closer to the truth than the Washtowel Slaveholdery. They were in fact the first to muddle the Bible (aside Paul himself, who mistook Jesus' teachings literally). Fact is, I see some spooky similarity to the Washtowel Slaveholdery with the Catholic Church shortly before the First Dark Ages.

You are more likely to get the truth by a totally independent reading of the Bible. Get a good translation (the King James version with updated English should do). The hard part is to read it totally without any bias from any religion, which is miserably difficult because the churches have biased your understanding of the Bible from infancy. To add to it, Jesus' teaching was for bicameral man (which most people today are not), and cannot be taken literally. But, if you make the effort, you will find the actual truth that sets you free.

Hint: You will not find this unbiased truth from any religion, and much less so from the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

• d.boon
    d.boon

During the time of the kings of Israel there were good kings and bad kings, blatant pagan worship mixed in with true adherence to the Torah. Just look at the striking examples in the difference of worship with regard of the kingly rule under Ahaz and with his son’s Hezekiah. But Jehovah was still the God of Israel through it all.

Even as a Jehovah’s Witness I see this to be true in the case of the RCC. I think the point is made clear in 1Clement ch.43-45.

:>>>>I just wanted to add to clarify my statement. If you were looking for the physical aspect of apostlitic succession you would find it in the RCC. But you know as well as I do that the Church is the body of those called by Christ not any man made Organizations.<<<<:

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I agree that the Witchtower has deliberately misrepresented the veneration of the Virgin, papal infallibiity and the communion of saints.

On the torments of hell I have to differ.

I have visited many many Cathedrals in Europe, and the torments portrayed are as obscene as anything that you might hear at the kingdumb Hell.

When I was a little pre-dubbie, Hellfire was dreummed into me as REAL. The middle ages also taught it as real. Pre Vatican II it was taught as real. If you leave and become a dub, your life becomes a living one.

The Hellfire teaching is now revised because in the modern age such a doctrine is seen as repulsive by the majority, thus repelling converts and young believers. Pope John Paul the Second, despite his reputation continued the erosion of the original faith started at Vatican II.

Eventually being Gay Lesbian and Transgendered will cease to debar anybody male or female from the priesthood. Already, girls are allowed to sing in Church choirs!

www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com has an extensive list of contacts and discussions of the apostasy that would happen after Vatican II - just as the Virgin revealed to Sister Lucy at Fatima.

HB

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    he RCC has always held that the Holy Spirit protects the Church from inerrant teaching

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I can hardly believe that I believe what I believe in this moment!

I believe that a part of divinity is in all life forms but accompanied by distractions which seek to suppress it until the life form dies and the divinity in each passes onwards. The divinity cannot be destroyed but can become neglected and hurt - or enhanced and inspired.

It is for each of us to respect the divinity in life and help enhance that which is in each of us.

So I have an atheists view of a creator but a spiritual view of divinity. And the two feel like they are headed for a rendezvous which respects all life for what an amazing thing it is.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Narkissos,

he RCC has always held that the Holy Spirit protects the Church from inerrant teaching

Good catch ... ... I did see it yesterday, but it was past the time frame for allowed corrections. I also made a few other errors, but that one is the best. So .....

To rephrase it: "The RCC has always held that the Holy Spirit protects the Church from teaching error."

There ... somehow I feel much better ...

Jim Whitney

• RR
    RR

Wow, debating with you guys is like debating with the Witnesses, you have an answer for eveything, the only difference between the two is that the RCC has had more years of experience.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit