HOW do you invision the day of your death...

by zeroday 34 Replies latest jw friends

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

On a more serious note though, I read Stephen Covey's book - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People which had a section that included a meditation excercise called "begin with the end in mind".

The idea is that you visualize your funeral day and imagine what people willsay about you. As you create a list of what you think people will say it gives you a life map and identifies your true goals.

What kind of parent will your children say you were?

What kind of son/daughter will your parents say you were?

What kind of friend will your friends say you were?

What kind of financial person will your bank manager say you were?

Eventually you will end up with a list of ideals to work towards but more importantly you will see what your true desires and goals are.

Interesting?

S8.

• ninja
    ninja

with a beautiful nurse on each hand......and another nurse trying to resuscitate me with the french kiss of life......death hmmmpph.....bring it on.........then if any JW's dare to visit me at my last moments.....I will ask one of the nurses to push every finger except my middle one down ...... the other nurse to raise my arm towards said witnesses so they can see the middle finger.....and say......"put this story in the yearbook"

• DJK
    DJK

I'll be suffering with a terminal disease lying in a hospital bed, hospice wing, with a $hitload of vultures surrounding me waiting to collect an inheritance. There will be laughter they cannot hear.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I came into the world alone and will leave it the same.

No one can walk with you through death, so I will choose to leave with love, courage and honour.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Lately,I invision it w/some fondness.Whatever.Sometimes I feel like im kinda 'done' here,and am ready to move on,to whatever might be.Maybe nothing,Maybe crushed velvet, sitar coolness.Sorta getting tired of everyone whining,and myself whining,and this aging thing,Wow..Never knew that it would suck this much..And Im not even that old!!! Taking care of my aging parents tho,makes me really appreciate what I have,right now.right here..I dont think Im gonna wait for it to find me.Once again,Ill probably go out seeking this adventure,when the time is right.No kids,so I really dont have any regrets to leave being here..Somedays im more ready to move on,ya know?Still,there are one or two folks that Id like to 'whop up side the head' b4 i go...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit