High Level Apostates to come?

by GermanXJW 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SS,

A common way out for CO's is to gracefully resign under the health or family responsibility angle. They then slip into an elders appointment and then gradually weight of business etc. get the better of them.

They end up being the one discussed at coffee break, you know the type of thing, 'Where is XXXX, haven't seen him lately, he used to be a CO you know, he does not even attend meetings now'!. Coffee cups smack on table tops in disgust.

HS

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

@Hillary Step
    No, I don't think of GB members. I don't think that they have the steering wheel in their hand.

There have been introduced new companies beside the WTS with their presidents and directors. They don't have to be on the "annointed" so they can be pretty young (younger than Gerrit Loesch).

I think there is the chance for someone leaving having the big picture.

@Fred Hall
    Tour de France, Tour de France

• JT
    JT

Ed says:

The chances of a 90 year old defecting are greatly reduced, he couldnt even walk out of the cult compound under his own steam!

#########

YOU ARE ONE SICK DUDE-- i love it i love it

great oneliner

james

• blondie
    blondie

Hillary_Step, what do you mean that CO plans on fading away? Not going to meetings any more or field service? Moving where no one knows them and not identifying themselves any more as JWs? If so, that would be amazing.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Blondie,

He will take the route out of WTS life that I mention above.

I knew a CO in the UK some years ago, a very good friend, young, ex Bethel with a very high profile. When he realised that he had been born into the wrong religion, he impregnated the missus ( with her consent I hasten to add! ), left the CO sevice, became an elder, started a business, resigned due to work load, started missing meetings etc. All carefully planned. He then gradually faded, and now is a very, very succesfull businessman with two wonderful children and life intact.

He planned his exit over five years, as his family were all 'in'. He left without the DF/DA crisis and still interacts with his family.

This is the route I have advised the CO mentioned above to take - and he will. It requires very much patience in the short term, but can make for a happier life long term.

Kind regards - HS

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

I see Fred is still strugling to string enough words together to make a sentence. It seems his verbal diahorrea makes less sense now than it ever did. Obviously the Watchtower still has him under their thumb / foot?

Nothing has changed since my absense so I didn't miss much while I was getting on with my life.

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit