High Level Apostates to come?

by GermanXJW 15 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It now about two decades after Ray Franz. Since then it has been very unlikly that another high level WT officers turns apostate because it was only a handful of men that are in their 80s/90s.

Last year when the Society was restructured a lot of new jobs was created. The situation of the Society is a very weak at the moment.

What do you think: will we see another high level "apostate" within the next - let's say - ten years?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

GermanJW,

You do better off listening to Kraftwerk.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Germanjw.
    Dont understand why you think an apostate at high level has to be in his 90s.
    The chances of a 90 year old defecting are greatly reduced, he couldnt even walk out of the cult compound under his own steam!
    As to the infussion of younger men.
    Thats good, shows they are desperate.The gerontocracy is exhausted re ideas.Gotta get some new blood in there, just like Russia did with Gorby.Didnt make any diff though...did it?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

@FredHall
    boing boom chak

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

@GermanJW

EXPO 2000

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

@Edward Gentry
    In my posting I meant that it was *unlikely* to see a 80/90 year old leaving the WTS.

I think with the new blood we are likely to see a new one leaving with some new information about the time after Ray Franz.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

@Fred Hall

Musique
    non stop

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

@GeramnJW

Techno pop

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi GermanJw,

If you mean by 'high level' any member of the GB, I doubt it very much. Too much to lose, too little to gain, too late in life.

As for DO's, CO's and prominent elders, my own intuition is that unless some very obvious doctrinal flaws are not attended to quickly, 100's in 'middle-management' will leave within the next five years or so. I am aquainted with one CO who is planning the famous 'fade' quite shortly and have heard of another.

One thing is certain, often the ones who leave are those that the WTS cannot afford to lose.

Like all dictatorships who strive to extinguish the light of intellectualism and free thinking but removing opposition by force, their own regime is the first to suffer. Those who are best placed to re-generate the process of survival are re-placed by ‘yes men’ and syncopates. They shoot themselves in the foot with each thinking and sincere elder that is forced out.

HS

Fred,

While you listen to 'Kraftwerk', please leave us in peace to discuss 'Kraftywerk'.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Germanjw

While barb anderson wasn't really part of the hierarchy, she knows plenty. If she starts unloading this stuff for us to see, it will be quite damaging to the wt. No doubt more like she will leak out continuously.

BTW, how can a co do a gradual fade? Won't his absence be noticed?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit