Two Wrongs Make a Right

by Satanus 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xena
    Xena

I always thought Judas got a raw deal. Jesus had to die, Judas was assigned a part by God to play in it, did his part as foretold and then gets damned for it. What's up with that?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tophat

'Jesus was killed but he was also resurrected by God.'

Is it not a bad thing to kill those slated for resurections, like faithful christians? Atheists, on the other hand, since they will not be resurected, should be on a protected list ;)

R Crusoe

You have come through a lot in a short time.

Xena

God, the instigator/planner/conspirator, innocent. Judas and the priests, the doers, guilty. That's the strange thing about it; it's bad and good, at the same time.

S

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    I always thought Judas got a raw deal. Jesus had to die, Judas was assigned a part by God to play in it, did his part as foretold and then gets damned for it. What's up with that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_1RFAcjMU

Apologies to those who saw this link in a previous thread, but it really shows the absurdity of it!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yer funny bastard S.

It truly is a cosmic joke between "satan" and "god".

Maybe a fable explaing the human condition to teach us the fuzziness and cultural conditioning of truth and justice ?

• Xena
    Xena
    Atheists, on the other hand, since they will not be resurected, should be on a protected list ;)

Athiests an endangered species Satanus? Perish the thought.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Yer funny bastard S.'

I think it was the oxygen deprivation while i was born;)

S

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The fool was always the most powerful in the royal court S.

Kings and Queens spoke openly in his company as he was only the fool....

Knowledge is power (to the fools)! Lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is another way that two wrongs can make a right. Suppose you make a contract to spend your life initiating the use of force, threats of force, and fraud in behalf of an organization. The contract is to do your utmost, endure any embarrassment and ostracism that results, and even start the Second Dark Ages. You had no reasonable way of knowing that it was a fraud at the time you signed the agreement.

Later, it comes to light that what you are doing is against the Prime Law. And that you were tricked into doing, as are millions of other people. So, you break the contract and expose those at the top of the scam as a bunch of worthless humanoids. That costs them dearly. Eventually, they get in big trouble and go belly up because of your ratting them out instead of fulfilling your agreement.

Here is one case where breaking an agreement and ratting them out (normally a wrong) can be right. The scammers otherwise would use you to do huge damage, and deserve severe punishment both for having done what they did to ruin lives, and to prevent them from starting their Second Dark Ages. What they did was huge wrong, and your "wrong" of breach of contract is actually a right because you are preventing major trouble for yourself, others who might have fallen for the scam, and even the whole world.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Could it BE, that Atheist suffer from cognizant dissonances? They want to believe what they want to believe and disregard what is true history, make fun of what they don't understand?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wtwiz

That is another example.

Tophat

'Could it BE, that Atheist suffer from cognizant dissonances?'

We had the cognitive dissonance and remedied it.

'They want to believe what they want to believe'

We subtract the unbelieveable and keep what is left over.

' and disregard what is true history,'

This thread is based on that the christian story is hypothetically true.

'make fun of what they don't understand?'

I grew up a jw, and spent about 2 yrs as a christian. I did a fair amount of reading on the concepts. I do believe that i understand them well enough. It's that some of them just don't make sense, when i look at them, now. That they work for you is fine.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit