I'm in Thousand Oaks

by Hortensia 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

and I knew I was going to be here for weeks but did it occur to me to see if there are any JWDers out here? Noooooo. I'm just here for tonight and tomorrow night, then back home again. I have a meeting all day Friday (no, not one of "those" meetings) and a class on Saturday. Duh - I could have met up with someone for dinner Friday night if I had planned ahead!

• wings
    wings

I'm pretty sure it's not near Albuquerque, but where is it? Are you having any fun?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's north of Los Angeles, on the way to Ventura and Santa Barbara. I'm OK tonight, nice comfortable room and room service. Tomorrow - about six hours of meetings all about new legislation for vocational schools in California. Boring, but I need to hear it. Saturday, I'm teaching the class, so if it's boring - that's the students' problem, eh?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I like the name: Thousand Oaks. Is it near Hundred-Acre Wood? I hope you enjoy your time there.

• wings
    wings
    I'm teaching the class, so if it's boring - that's the students' problem, eh?

As usual you are making perfect sense. No matter where you are in CA when I go visit my sister I'll hunt you down. Deal?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

definitely a deal! As for the hundred-acre wood, that's down the road in Hollywood. Lots of Eeyores and Tiggers there.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Hortensia! We're in Thousand Oaks Saturday for a Kentucky Derby event at friends (not fellow JWDers)!! If you fancy making a trip down to Manhattan Beach (about 1hr from TO?) then we'd love to spend some time with you (we have 2 little ones so unfortunately cannot travel tomorrow eve). How bout it? Might even be able to round up Dogpatch.....

Sam & Paul

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I have a brother and a sister in 1000 Oaks. Both Witnesses. It;s dull there. Too many beige houses.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

If you come by fresno let me know. We can have coffee!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm about 20 minutes east of u. I'm in woodland hills Friday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit