I totally cross Xbox 360 off my want list.

by 5go 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• dinah
    dinah

Just waiting for Resident Evil 5.

• 5go
    5go
    If you do not want a X-box 360 that doesn't over-heat, get the X-box 360 Elite. They never over-heat.

Actually that is a myth they have the same failure rate. All Xbox 360 have the same problem faulty or poor soldering quality.

Xbox 360 Elite Prone to Same Problems as Others

We’ve all seen the pictures of the motherboard changes. I assumed that these would protect the console better from heat and such to make sure less consoles would die. But alas, no. Microsoft has introduced another new product that is failing at a higher than normal rate.

To top it all off, the disc scratching issue is back. Seriously Microsoft, what the hell? Did you completely get rid of your QA

• Galileo
    Galileo

The newer ones don't have anywhere near the failure rate, however, they do still fail. Mine has red ringed once. No big deal, though, They send you a box, postage paid, you mail it off and they send you a repaired one. Mine was a year old before it red ringed. I sent it off on a Monday and I got it back that Friday.

I have both a 360 and a PS3. The PS3 is a much better piece of hardware, it is whisper quiet and built like a nice piece of high end home theater equipment. That being said, the only thing I use it for is watching Blu-Ray movies.

The best game, as far as fun and playability on either console, is Halo 3. There is nothing like the experience of Halo 3 multiplayer with your friends. I just picked up GTA IV on the 360 (I would've gotten it on PS3 but all my friends have 360s and to me gaming is very much a social activity). It's fun, but I can tell you that in a month or two I will put it away and go back to playing Halo 3 virtually every day. Halo 3 alone is worth buying a 360 and putting up with the occasional (as in once every three years or so, now that they've somewhat fixed the problem) trip to the shop.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I got mine for the purpose of Fable 2 when it comes out. I think it will be much worth the wait and the money.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

PS 5go, I was gonna buy you an X360 but ifin you dont even want one...

• 5go
    5go
    PS 5go, I was gonna buy you an X360 but ifin you dont even want one...

No, I want it so I can trade it for a Wii.

• 5go
    5go
    The newer ones don't have anywhere near the failure rate, however, they do still fail. Mine has red ringed once. No big deal, though, They send you a box, postage paid, you mail it off and they send you a repaired one. Mine was a year old before it red ringed. I sent it off on a Monday and I got it back that Friday.

Seeing as one of them (my cousins's) is sitting on my floor with a failure ( the new one to pop up no video ) which he just got this one from MS after sending the old one back a number of times and having his father cuss them rep out the last time, I disagree.

• 5go
    5go
    I got mine for the purpose of Fable 2 when it comes out. I think it will be much worth the wait and the money.

Warning MS just changed the RRoD with the last firmware update to two reds two greens and will not honor the RRoD warranty if you get the new RRoD. Some tech guys noticed the change recently. The old RRoD still happens but it is for only one problem not a general failure any more. I say this because my cousin was waiting to play Vegas 2 only to have his 360 and then his TV break and now 360 is broke again before he even had a chance to get a new TV. That was the reason I created this thread I was looking for the fix to the problem and kept running into disgruntled 360 owner posts.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    No, I want it so I can trade it for a Wii.

Ooops alt

Warning MS just changed the RRoD with the last firmware update to two reds two greens and will not honor the RRoD warranty if you get the new RRoD. Some tech guys noticed the change recently. The old RRoD still happens but it is for only one problem not a general failure any more. I say this because my cousin was waiting to play Vegas 2 only to have his 360 and then his TV break and now 360 is broke again before he even had a chance to get a new TV. That was the reason I created this thread I was looking for the fix to the problem and kept running into disgruntled 360 owner posts.

Can I ask what this has to do with Fable 2? Sorry for my ignorance.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    Warning MS just changed the RRoD with the last firmware update to two reds two greens and will not honor the RRoD warranty if you get the new RRoD. Some tech guys noticed the change recently. The old RRoD still happens but it is for only one problem not a general failure any more.

There have always been multiple light patterns. They are codes that tell the techs what the error is. Mine had the three red rings since the last firmware update. As for your cousin's anecdote about multiple failures, it seems he has had some unusual bad luck. I game with about nine different Xbox 360 owners. Between us, three have had the RRoD, which is directly in keeping with MS' numbers. Of those, all were prior to the new 65nm chips and new heatsinks. Of the three of us that had failures, none have had any issues with our replacements. Of my friends that have the new 65nm chips, not one has failed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit