Getting the UN thing published.

by LoneWolf 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Here is a copy of my Email (without my name etc. and without the attachments). I know it is probably too much but .....

hawk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

November 21, 2001

New York Times
    New York, New York
    United States of America

Attention: Ms Barbara Crosset ( [email protected])
    United Nations Bureau Chief

Dear Ms Crosset:

Re: Request for a news story on the United Nations Disassociating the Jehovah's Witnesses

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is xxxxxxx and I reside in Canada. By trade I am a xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx and a researcher. I know many Jehovah's Witnesses, but I am not one. I do a lot of research in exposing the doctrines of the Watchtower (parent corporation of the Witnesses) in an attempt to protect innocent little Witness children from a shunning policy, an every changing blood doctrine and serious pedophile issues.

I am presenting you a story on the Watchtower, the parent corporation of the Witnesses, that relates to the UN. As the Times, UN Bureau Chief, I hope you will consider this story newsworthy.

Jehovah's Witnesses, famous for their door to door preaching, blood refusal and political neutrality, are embroiled in a scandal over the United Nations that is comparable to the Pope privately supporting abortion. The evidence shows that the Watchtower leaders have been politically involved with the UN since 1992 all the while 1,000s of Rank and File members have been abused and in some cases murdered for their neutrality stance taught by these same leaders. I have attached a WORD software document (called "crosset.doc") that outlines the scandal.

There are 1,000,000 million American Witnesses that would be directly affected by a story on this scandal. It would also show an American public (who is constantly in contact with witnesses due to their door to door preaching) that this group is not a benign religious group but appears to be a dangerous sect that seems more than willing to sacrifice it members for no good reason.

I believe this story is newsworthy because the Watchtower leadership "voluntarily" agreed to politically "support" the UN and sacrifice its own "neutrality" teachings and 1,000 of its members all for the sake of a measly UN library card that it did not need. A newspaper story combined with NBC's upcoming Dateline program of widespread pedophile problems in the Watchtower will alert the American public that is constantly being approached by Watchtower recruiters at the door. With respect to the child pedophile issue in the impending Dateline program, it is interesting that the Watchtower disaffiliated from the UN as an "associate" NGO in the area of Human and Children's Rights.

I also believe that it is newsworthy in that the Watchtower, a multibillion dollar religious corporation, is now accusing the UN in written letters of not properly doing its job. Watchtower letters (attached) are accusing (falsely in my opinion) the UN of not making the Watchtower leaders aware of a UN criteria at the time they applied for "associate" status with the UN and that the UN did not notify the Watchtower about the changes in the UN's criteria. The Watchtower letters also accuse the United Nations of forcing them to get "associated" with the UN because the UN changed the access system to the UN library. My research shows this is false but again the Watchtower, a large multibillion dollar religious group with headquarters in Brooklyn New York is making serious accusations against the UN in letters to its own members.

The hypocrisy and human suffering over this issue caused by the Watchtower is not right and 1,000,000 Witnesses and the rest of the United States should be made aware of this scandal. This story is all over the internet but few in any in the American press have picked up the story. Mr. Steve Bates, Reporter of the Guardian provided an excellent article on the scandal (attached).

Please feel free to Email me at xxx or telephone me at xxx regarding this issue. I have ALL necessary documents and am more than willing for to use my name to help you in any story.

Yours truly,

xxxxx

c: Steve Bates, Guardian Newspaper

enclosures

1) crosset.doc (Word file outlining scandal)
    2) UN letter on the Watchtower (jpg file)
    3) Steve Bates Guardian Newspaper Article of October 18, 2001 - page 23 (.jpg file)
    4) Watchtower envelope for letter
    5) Watchtower letter from headquarters to all branches.
    6) Watchtower letter to a Witness
    7) Watchtower letter to the Guardian Newspaper (Word) file.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Alright!! Excellent job!

Sorry for not answering sooner. I've been up to my butt in alligators.

Lonewolf

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I thought the letter sounded great for the most part. The one thing I would change if it were me, would be the part where you used the word measly regarding the Library Card to the very people who provide that very "measly" thing.Other than that I thought it was well layed out and well worded. Let us know what response you get from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit