Surprise,surprise !

by frisbee 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• frisbee
    frisbee

Hi Guys

Am a relative newbee and still a member of the Borg, two weeks ago had 2 elders visit ostensibly to shepherd/correct me for sharing some personal study viewpoints which they heard had upset a bro and sis who had not bothered to contact me in the spirit of Matt 18 although according to one of the elders this is one of the most abused scriptures in the Bible , the r&f spillling the beans on each other to the BOE and the elders listening to any hearsay and then confronting brothers, any experiences ? Also I had been seen visiting my dfd daughter and son in law ( also posters here ) This resulted in my having some basic priveledges removed,Assembly attendant, pioneer, regional BC helper.

I wrote a letter of concern and copied to our CO who took the time to visit me and in the presence of the elders agreed that their decision was technically wrong and not a demonstration of kindness , also that my relationship with my family was not one for a general judgement but was between my conscience and Jehovah, the time I might spend with them was my affair and only if stumbling was to occur within the cong might it be flagged up for further counsel. I had not expected this stand but was pleasantly surprised. Might the Borg be taking a more lenient stand where family members are concerned. Any experiences.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Well, if they are getting more "easy going" on the shunnung policy, I wonder if my dad will contact me at all since I have not seen him since 1992? I will be very curious to see if the WTBS is realizing that the shunning policy is a bit harsh and tears families apart? Too good to be true from a unified sense.

Nikki

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Hi Frisbee

I don't think that are getting easier on the df arrangement. My parents are df'd and my little brother who is still in will not speak to them and hasn't now for almost three years. He won't speak to me, my brother or sister either as we are out but not df'd. He is a Ministerial Servant possilby and elder now. I believe that speaking to df'd family has always been pretty much a matter of conscience.

Good for you on your stand and also you ability to approach a CO.

Sheri

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No, no change. You lucked out with a CO who is a closeted freethinker and one who can use their own legalistic writings against them. By the book means leverage. Good luck. Say hi to your df'd relatives... W.Once

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome to the forum.

You have a PM.

Jeff

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Welcome, Frisbee!

This is the most current info I could find:

km8/02p.4par.9DisplayChristianLoyaltyWhenaRelativeIsDisfellowshipped***

Relatives

NotintheHousehold: "The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home," states TheWatchtower of April 15, 1988, page 28. "It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum," in harmony with the divine injunction to "quit mixing in company with anyone" who is guilty of sinning unrepentantly. (1 Cor. 5:11) Loyal Christians should strive to avoid needless association with such a relative, even keeping business dealings to an absolute minimum

So there is not an absolute prohibition, just a recommendation to keep it to a minimum.

A@G

• flipper
    flipper

FRISBEE- Welcome to the board ! I agree with Was An Elder Once. You just got lucky to have a circuit overseer sitting in on the discussion who is a free thinker and a kind person himself. Many of them are not that lenient. So, please continue associating with your DFed relatives- pay no heed to the controlling cult

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome Frisbee

Makes me wonder if you CO has some DFd family members

I agree you have a rare gem in that CO........wonder if he is an closet-apostate?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    r&f spillling the beans on each other to the BOE and the elders listening to any hearsay and then confronting brothers, any experiences ?

I have one. The bungholes in West Sacramento took away my bro's priveleges without a word. He had gone out with the pioneer darling of the hall. She took back a report to the po that he was very nasty and acted worldly. No one approached my bro, they just took away his microphone priveleges....ooooo you should have seen him shake with terror after that! LOL

My point is that it was a lie and booshit. Why? Because if it were true and he had sullied the pioneer then he would HAVE to be run through the jc, but since nothing happened it is booshit. Oh, and the pioneer was a well known slut. No one would marry her because they were afraid she would give them some ancient aztec vd or something! LOL

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

You should check how liberal CO really is and say that the Apostate community on the internet was impressed with his loving kind regards in that decision.

Bring_the_Light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit