Former workmate dies, I'm in shock

by Junction-Guy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

So sorry, JG. We lived through years of the same in our family. Some diabetics live years with that horrible disease and others, like your friend, die young.

Life isn't fair. I wish it were possible to keep up with everything and everyone; I'm resigned to the reality ...

The best to you,

CoCo

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry for your loss, Dave.

Jeff

• NanaR
    NanaR

Dave:

I'm so sorry. You're young, you don't expect to start losing people at your age.

I hope you will find comfort in your good memories. It is very nice that you share the same faith.

Pax,

Ruth

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Junction Guy: my sympathies and condolences. It's hard to lose those we care about, even when they are not part of our current daily "outer world" lives.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. I have experienced that kind of tragedy

I had a similar experience happen to me, with someone who mentored me when I was still married. I moved on from the organization that we both worked, but she was hilarious, a great friend, and gave me a lot of great professional advice. But she was a heavy smoker. When I moved away and was getting a new job, I called her up to say hello, since we hadn't talked in a bit and ask her if I could use her for a reference. Her number at her job was disconnected, when I was transferred to the receptionist and asked for her, they told me she had died from lung cancer. I still remember holding the phone and shock for about a minute. When I hung up, I just sobbed for about an hour, it was that sad to me... Remember your friend in the spirit he gave to your existence. In that way, they are truly never gone.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am sorry for your loss JG. May your friend rest in peace.

BTS

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I am sorry for the loss of a friend you could really chat to, it is shocking it seems especially if they are near in age. My aunt

sent me a phone number of a best friend I went to high school with in the U.S. I have not called her yet, I want to but what does one

say after 30 outt years? I guess I should just "pick up the phone".

Thanks for sharing,

Hope4others

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Sorry to hear that your friend and colleague died. It is sad when our friends go on ahead of us. Leaves us missing a piece of us.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear you lost your friend.

I lost a friend, a fellow detention officer this week.

He got arrested buying crack cocaine. In his uniform. He was my partner at work. We taught all the new recruits. I knew he had a problem because he had been in detox for sometime. But he was back at work for the past month.

They put him in the pappers and basically said he was a fox guarding the chicken coop. Which he was.

But, The person I knew was a good worker and fun to be around.

I'm pretty sure the job got to him and he was self medicating. The suprises never end.

• penny2
    penny2

Junction-Guy, sorry about the loss of your friend.

It's sad when it's someone you wish you'd kept in touch with. I worked with someone whom I got on very well with. He was a poet and I wrote him a poem when he left. He wanted to keep in touch but I was in the middle of my fade and reluctant. The last time I heard from him he was in England and very lonely. A couple of years later I caught up with a ex-workmate and heard that my friend had died of cancer a year earlier. He died alone and wasn't found for about a week afterwards. I regret not keeping in touch.

penny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit