Un Scandal: 2003 IAPSO and Watchtower

by chasson 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

chasson,

How did you access the "webbuy" site ? It seems to require an ID and password.

• chasson
    chasson

By the "guest" entrance...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

OK thanks. Better use the following link then: http://webbuy.iapso.org/default2.asp

And then click on Sales conditions / Restrictions of service.

• IKnowNothing
    IKnowNothing

If you get a reply, it will likely be they can't give you any information as it is confidential. http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf says in part

"Please be informed that it is the policy of the Department of Public Information of the United Nations to keep correspondence between the United Nations and NGOs associated with DPI confidential."

I would expect the policy is the same with the IAPSO.

It is awesome how well people track the Society's involvement with the U.N. You don't miss anything. Fabulous job.

• chasson
    chasson

I think that with the involvment of Watchtower with IAPSO (more ever than with DPI), we touch the real cause of the problem. I have had in 1996, a good contact with some "brothers and sisters" who were part of the Rwanda's team of AidAfrique, one of the sister has even be cited as an example of a good "volontary" in one of the Awake making the promotion of "the Volontaries Year" of the UN in 2001(Nadine). Without the facilities provided by th UNHCR (planes and jeep for example), it was not possible for the Watchtower to help their followers quickly in Congo. So at this date, to help JW it was necessary for the Watchtower to collaborate more deeper with one of th UN Agency. I believe that the involvment of Watchtower with DPI was clearly an error or an isolated event (even if it was at the top of Watchtower that the decision was taked) and not a planned ingrigiation of the Watchtower with UN.

After 1996 and since, this is not the case. Watchtower in 2001, when his association with DPI was knowned, has not been reluctant to cut the link with the DPI, because the major concern for this organisation with UN was not here.

If you take time to analyse the "humanitarian works" of the Watchtower (Burundi, Tanzania or Zaïre), they have taked place in country where JW was at odds not appreciated and sometimes persecuted. For example in Burundi they have builded a complete hospital and gave it to the authorities in 1998. If you read this: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Burundi-RELIGIONS.html you will see that JW were banned in 1986 and re-accepted as missionnary groups in 2002. Is not surprising, isn't it ?

I see two major reason to the implication of Watchtower i, humanitarian works and her collaboration with some UN Agencies:

1/ The international public perception of JW: In occidental countries and particularly in France, their humanitarian works were well publicised at a time of the question if JW were a "cult" or not was hot. During year 1997-2001, the French JW website and booklets distributed to officials and french population have made a lot of publicity of their humanitarian works. In 2001, the french Supreme Court has proclamed a kind of recognised status to JW as a religion. Since, the Aidafrique Association has not made great humanitarion works as the construction of the hospital in Tanzania in 1998. In 2001, i have phoned to Nadine, the french nurse, to felicitate her to her appearence in the Awake magazine, she was not aware that i was an apostate at this time. She recognised that Aidafrique could not find to her works in Africa, and that she was obliged to work for association of "Babylon the Great" (these are her own words) when she regularly go to Africa. In Africa countries, their humanitarian works were a succesful attempt to be legalised like in Tanzania.

2/Their expansion in Africa: As explained above, the first step to grow in Africa, is to be recognised as helpfull organisation to the country, so you must be recognised as a legal entity like for example in Tanzania. The second point is less visible at first, but be perceptible if you have access to all the works that Aidafrique and Watchtower has made in Africa. In these countries, all is difficult: Civil War, deplaced people, disease and corruption, if you want to grow, the only way to be perceptible is by humanitarian works helped or facilitated by a still recognised entity as the UN and their agencies are, because this international organisation by UNHCR or UNDP has her own and operationnal local network and infrastructure. So even if you want only to build Kingdow Halls, and send you religious litterature, you will need a lot of money and time to achieve your goals without external help, more over , if you believe and want others to believe, that as an "international brotherhood" you must help and feed your hungry followers, the chaotique world of some African's countries is a major problem. Yes, Aidafrique has made and still make humanitarian works for others than JW, but it is not her primary goals. Even when you read some of official JW statements like their declaration concerning the Rwanda crisis, the non-jw helped by JW, could be surely resumed by non-JW families of JW or children of JW not counted as publishers in their statistics. I have been JW at this time, some Aidafrique send to Africa ware purely humanitarian but destined to JW only, more over, some were only send of used religious litterature or material to build kingdow Halls. So you have the point, perhaps, and practically, it is perhaps money-saving to make few humanitarian works to everybody so UN agency and African government will helped you by their infrastructure and authorization, to use after that all the authorization and infrastructure for your own particular interest.This is here that the IAPSO association is important, as a recognised humanitarian NGO, she can use all the UN facilities like limited price for vehicule by IAPSO or UNHCR planes, and used this facilities for few humanitarian works (destined principally for JW) and afterthat for his own religious expansion. We have now the clear understanding of the reasons of the association of Watchtower with different UN agencies: Respectability and money-saving facilities for her own expansion, even if she was obliged to ingrigiate with the devilish beastly representation, she has saved money in facilitating and consolidating the "proclamation of the Good News".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit