Why and when I lost my faith

by LunaFing 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome LunaFing.

Such a sad beginning.

All the best to you as you pursue a better path.

OM

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

LunaFing: I understand.

Anyway, I decided to get baptized at age 11 because I thought that Jehovah would protect me if I devoted my life to him.

I was 9 when I was baptized for the same reason.

Whether you turn to another religion, therapy, or the gentle love of those that truly care about you, healing can happen. A lot of good can happen here on this Board. Evenwith 25 years of therapy, this Board has had its place in my own healing.

Lots of people can make lots of suggestions - you will find what is right for you. It can be a long journey with many pieces.

(((((Luna)))))

Love -Void

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome Luna,

Your story is very sad, I hope you will also find the support and comfort here that will help you to regain trust in others.

Best wishes,

hope4others

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

So glad you left. So glad you told. So glad you're here. :)

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome Luna,

There's kleenex by my puter for occasions like this. Settle in. You'll like us.

This site is a real life-saver. You find out you're not alone.

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I just want to thank you all for your posts. It's nice to know that there are people out there who understand what I'm going through. I really LOVE this site!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I am amazed at how common this experience is - that is terrible. My sisters and I were treated that way quite often, but the reason was that our home life was ghastly with a dangerous alcoholic father and we were desperately poor as well. If they associated with us, they might have felt guilty about not helping us. I don't know. Bastards. I'm also so glad to be out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit