Finantial Issues of WT

by JWRESEARCH 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• journey-on
    journey-on

The WTS is so non-transparent that it is probably impossible to figure their finances out. I posted this earlier

which just goes to show you, their hands are in all kinds of pies. This was probably very valuable property willed to them. I don't know, but they are listed as the seller of record.

I said Real Estate. Here's just one more reason why I think this:

http://www.nysdta.org/Decisions/813952.dec.htm

Scroll down to the very bottom and see just who the seller of record was. This property was worth big $$$!

Also, how much money do they spend on outside contractors for things like data security? I found this site rather interesting: http://www.misti.com/default.asp?Page=20&Type=58 Scroll down to the 32nd name (Randy Franklin Smith, SSCP) and read his bio. According to it, he headed the first security planning team for the WTB&TS, drafting the information security policy now in use. I googled his name and his credentials are quite impressive. I'm sure they had to pay big $$ for his services. Also, odd (to me, anyway) is the fact that this co. is having a conference next month on Preventing Data Leakage and a summit on Insider Threats. Quote: "Underestimate Employee Risk at Your Own Peril:Insider Fraud and Sabotage Exposed". I had to wonder if the WTS might have a reason to attend.

• besty
    besty

I ran a quick spreadsheet on Kingdom Hall Assistance program. Buildings insurance in other words.

The WTS are proud to pay less than 5% of premiums back in claims. (this figure from an ultra-reliable source) Warren Buffett expects to pay 100% back in time - its what he can do with the money in the meantime - float its called - that excites him.

So l assumed 1000 congs in the UK paying £400 per annum each in premiums. The WTS pays back £20k in claims and invests £380k at 7%. Rinse and repeat for 20 years. Money in the bank = £16,000,000 and per annum return is over £1,000,000.

Just one nice little earner.

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

Thanks journey-on and Besty for your informations

And i agree with you, Marvin Shilmer, in respect to good finantial situation - in terms of present.

But i desagree in what concerns to the motifs of cuts in printing magazines. I may be wrong, but i think at least the costs were a major part of the decision.

But we can dig deeper to try to have a clear picture of both sides of equation: revenues and costs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit