Finantial Issues of WT

by JWRESEARCH 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

WT have always been very discreet about their finances

In the annual totals the sum spent had great increases every year

However is the evidence is quite clear about the recent fall of contributions - the result was the cut in Watchtower and Awake

They also sold several real estate properties

What do we know about WT finances?

How many workers (paid workers) in the world - At least 20000 in Bethels and the overseers (how many?). What are the average amount paid for each type of worker?

Do you have a rought ideia of printing costs (paper and ink, etc) for the magazines?

Thanks in advance

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope they get plenty of Zero Dollar Bills and Void Checks. And empty contribution boxes at the a$$emblies.

I hope they announce that they took in something like $100 total for the a$$embly, and have a $16,000 deficit, on Sunday afternoon. And people are not going to put a penny in the box, so they finish with a deficit of $16,000. Then they end up running negative for contiguous a$$emblies, and nothing will get the witlesses to deposit their money into those Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are preobably hundreds of thousands of the r&f on this site and others like it. Mentally and financially they have checked out of the borg. They are stuck in for family reasons but the one act of rebellion they can commit is to stop contributing.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Interesting, but somewhere I read the WTS is one of the top 10 corporations in NYC. I wonder how rich they really are?

JC

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It was no 39, among top 40...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i contribute $0.00 for the last say......... 5+ years (maybe more).

my very elderly mom probably puts $2 a week.

I take about 20 mags a week.......... 1/2 go to laundromats, 1/4 are for meeting and 1/4 go to trash

• Aleman
    Aleman

Actually, right now they are suffering. Because of the raised prices like gas and food, contributions have been very low.

-Aleman

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

It is amusing to observe persistent chatter suggesting Watchtower is somehow experiencing a financial struggle.

The Watchtower organization is cash rich. Were all of Jehovah's Witnesses on the face of the earth to disappear tomorrow, the Watchtower organization would have sufficient financial resources to continue indefinitely at its current spending level.

Financial moves it makes these days are not in response to current needs. They are to extend and further fortify its already extremely deep pockets for the long haul running of its religion business. The Watchtower has plentiful cash flow, operating and investment capital.

Marvin Shilmer

• Aleman
    Aleman

It also recives from the funds collected in every congragation, aroud the whole world. But this is still the way they are able to finance for new kingdom halls and assembly halls. They are organized and well taken care of, thanks to Jehovah God.

-Aleman

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

What makes you so sure of the wealth of WT, Marvin Shilmer?

An institution can have a huge capital, but if it is not investing, they will spend what they have in a few years.

In the last year they reported 121 million dollars only to support wages and travel expenses. And i am not sure if this total includes the costs of the 19500 Bethel members (i think it does not).

If we add the costs of printing publications, it is quite astonishing. How much does it costs to print 60 millions of magazines every month

So if the contributions keep going down, they have to reduce costs - and i still think that the cuts of Awake and WatchTower are a result of that

Maybe i am wrong. So what figures do we have about WT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit