Ever have one of these? I had two.

by Gregor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I've had several, I don't want to repeat what others of said, so here's a good one.

I remember my third grade teacher saying something about how Huckleberry Finn was "Controversial" for the time. Didn't think much about it.

Believe it or not, in College Literature, one of many books we had to read was "Huckleberry Finn" I love the story, with the 3rd grade teacher's wierd comment in the back of my mind I read carefully trying to understand what was controversial (other than basic racial tension/white shame etc). I get to the part where Huck is on the raft, feeling guilty that he's breaking the law by helping Jim escape, and he says something to the effect that he'll go to hell for doing what he's doing, then he says "(ok)....then I'll go to Hell!" and keeps on with what he "knows" is wrong (helping a slave escape)

I swear to god (hehe), the whole, complete, picture of religion snapped into my head in a split second and I felt sick. (this is years after knowing I wasn't going to be a dubby). The Genesis story is nothing more than a parable written to tell cult/religion members not to question. Do NOT eat "from the tree of knowledge of good and bad" for surely you shall die. Satan says " you shall not die, you will become like god, knowing good AND BAD". Kicked out of "Paradise" (fake world of the religion/cult) for breaking the rule by THINKING FOR YOURSELF.

Who was lying in Genesis, Satan or God? A: They were both telling the truth. Gods arrangement was designed to protect you, and requires unquestioning loyalty or else you will indeed be subject to the knowledge of good and bad and be like god, just as Satan said.

I then knew I was essentially a Satanist (by their (religious people's) definitions). I will and I believe everyone SHOULD eat from the tree. (that's the extent of my Satanic leanings, so don't be concerned)

Lucifer = Light Bearer (in Latin)

VERY SINCERELY,

Bring_the_Light

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I forgot a piece, been awhile since I thought about this:

Satan and God BOTH were telling the truth and BOTH were also being deceptive.

If I could make it rhyme, I'd send it as a suggested verse in the song "Ironic" by ALANIS MORISSETTE :)

"Ironic"An old man turned ninety-eight
    He won the lottery and died the next day
    It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
    It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
    And isn't it ironic... don't you think

It's like rain on your wedding day
    It's a free ride when you've already paid
    It's the good advice that you just didn't take
    Who would've thought... it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
    He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
    He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
    And as the plane crashed down he thought
    "Well isn't this nice..."
    And isn't it ironic... don't you think

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
    When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
    And life has a funny way of helping you out when
    You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
    In your face

A traffic jam when you're already late
    A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
    It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
    It's meeting the man of my dreams
    And then meeting his beautiful wife
    And isn't it ironic...don't you think
    A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

Satan is a liar, and so is God

Somethin' Somethin' Somethin'

Hmm, yeah pretty Ironic, I think.
    Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
    Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
    Helping you out

• Gregor
    Gregor

I have them all the time. Gregor, I think one day you're going to have a third very big epiphany.

You have epiphanies all the time? Interesting.

I suppose the third epiphany you refer to will involve my accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior when I will be forgiven of my sins by means of His precious shed bloood after which I will walk around with a self satisfied smirk on my face and be condescending to everyone who isn't into this childish fantasy? I'll keep an eye out for that one.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Seeker, you hit the epiphany on the head. Too bad you can't do the same to Gregor.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You're about due for yet another. My guess is it'll finally be realizing that Obama is really the answer this country needs to get out of this eight year hell hole of twisted, mind-fucking Bushdom!

Wow, Jesus Christ and Barack Obama! I've got a lot to look forward to!

• Jewel
    Jewel

I've had a few epiphanies:

1. When asked how to tell true Christians, Jesus told his disciples-simply and clearly-"...that they love one another". By that definition, in my experience, the Witnesses weren't "it".

2. Satan is an invention of Christianity...he doesn't exist in pagan religions.

3. Even if Yahweh was a real god, I wasn't going to worship him because he didn't deserve it.

4. There is no paint in existence that actually covers in one coat.

Jewel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit