Calling all atheists, agnostics, believers, and seekers! A must hear.....

by journey-on 47 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Clear cut?

My hand handles the mouse. It is responsible for the mouse function. But in doing so other parts of my body, my nerves, my blood, etc, are cooperative. It is all interactive. It is all interconnected but some areas are the nexus of some types of functionality. I think you just enjoy disagreeing.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The experience is of course not incompatible with atheism, and may be just as beautiful either way, just as I can find a piece of music beautiful (yes, it's true). It depends on the interpretation and application of it.

My "left" brain just experienced a red car driving by. I saw the color, heard the noise, felt the whoosh of air draft against my body, and smelled the exhaust.

There was a red car.

Burn

• wednesday
    wednesday

It was a inspirational video for me and watching /listening to her speak I was able to possibly understand the NDE experiences and the akashi records experiences/ other out of body experiences that occur sans drugs and psychosis. I heard her say we may be able to learn to tap into this area of our brain more readily .

Since I started reading literature other than jws, i have stopped being afraid of ideas. . Ideas do not scare me and I do not let others dictate what I read/watch .

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    I think you just enjoy disagreeing.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I just got back from a day trip and will begin reading all your responses. Thanks everybody for posting to this subject

and I look forward to what each of you has to say....Later, J-O

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I just got back from a day trip and will begin reading all your responses. Thanks everybody for posting to this subject

and I look forward to what each of you has to say....Later, J-O

About time!

• caliber
    caliber

Yes blind faith may indeed be a stumbling block, but so is the need for absolute proof

with the human eye; For you may miss the deeper, more wonderful things of this

universe that I believe is yet to unfold.

Caliber

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Moving, and interesting.

Makes it sound like it's fun ending your life on your "right brain". (A rather selfish consideration when you think of it. Oh, I forgot. "You" don't "think," that's the point.)

Meanwhile my "left brain" still wonders about the (mildly "preachy") conclusion: "Where/Who do you choose to be?" Assuming we can choose, seems like we have another dualism coming up: "left brain, bad; right brain, good". Wait: who's speaking? "Right brain" or "left brain" posturing as "right brain"?

Anyhow, Western "left brains" are obviously jaded and begging for their own demise. We can dream of nothing better than forgetting about our absurd identities and histories, and vanishing into indistinction with an ecstatic and fascinated smile. Maybe that's just what "nature" expects us to do; a merciful and happy ending for everybody.

The rest is silence.

• journey-on
    journey-on

OMG! I've got so much to say about your responses. Today has turned into a super busy "gotta-take-care-of-business" kind

of day and I can't respond in detail like I wanted to. Let me post this one thing, then I've got to log off for today. But.....

Burn: Thank you for the video. I did get a chance to watch it ONCE. This is the kind of thing I MUST watch two, maybe three

times and let it sink into my soul to be digested mentally and emotionally. ( I don't have the time today unfortunately. ) And

I do want to absorb the words totally to accommodate and assimilate its meaning to my thinking.

I've said many times on this board that I believe humans are evolving physically, technologically, and spiritually. I've also said

that I believe the Universe has Consciousness. I believe I put it like this, "God is Pure Consciousness, the Eternal One that

speaks to us through the manifestation of his creation." We are created in His image which, to me, means we are co-creators,

The human brain has about the same neurons as there are stars in the universe. There is something to the left brain/right brain

dynamic and I believe there is a spiritual connection. I've got so much more to discuss with those of you that want to discuss

the possibilities further, but unfortunately today has turned out to be the wrong day for me to have posted a topic that I really want

to talk about in detail. Sorry. See you all tomorrow if you are still interested in talking about this. Maybe this thread will have

died by then. I hope not. I hope interested parties will continue to post their thoughts. Bye for tonight.

• changeling
    changeling
    I've said many times on this board that I believe humans are evolving physically, technologically, and spiritually

I agree with this statement 100%.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit