I came in in 1984. At that time they were beating it into us not to have kids or go to college because the end was soooo near and the Generation that saw 1918 was about all DEAD and we couldnt go much further. They were touting the whole Peace and Security cry and then there was the Peace and Security Convention in like 1985 that had us all abuzz after which of course NOTHING happened. Then they went and changed the definition of the Generation in 1994 saying of course since Armageddon DIDNT come after the 80 years had gone by that defined the old one that They basically had to go to Plan B...or Plan M by now, and that the Generation was now everybody since 1918 who has or will live during the time of the END ad infinitum!!! That my friends was the absolute end for me. I had been telling my children that WE WOULD NEVER DIE and now I had to tell them that we would live and die like everybody else does because jehoover is taking his sweet time bringing the end of the system! I was in TEARS!
- They changed the baptismal questions in 1985, the year I was baptized to make us vow to follow the Borg and not Jesus
- They stopped making food at the conventions, then stopped selling food at the conventions, then made us BRING our food to the conventions which in my opinion was a BIGGER hardship to the sheep than making it available to them was. Now young families had to tow baby supplies, books and bags, food coolers, drinks, strollers, blankets....gawd it was awful. :And somehow jam all that crap into the space you were sitting in at the convention which barely under normal conditions would accommodate your LEGS in front of you. :(
- They didnt charge for the magazines at the doors any more but told us to ask for a donation to the world wide work which was NOT so that more people could get the good news but so they could avoid paying TAXES on the sale of their literature and totally lied about it to us
- They changed their stand on blood to rediculously stupid nonsensical excuses for allowing PARTS of blood as long as it wasnt WHOLE blood and redefining different processes and surgical procedures ad nauseum until it was so damn confusing that nobody understood what they could or couldnt do any more where blood was concerned which caused in my opinion MORE deaths because people just said "if in doubt leave it out" and watched their loved ones die when they could possibly have HAD that surgery with blood expanders or with platelet treatments. And they have different standards for different countries depending on where you lived and what the political climate was in that country. We cant disfellowship you in your country for taking blood...fine consider yourself DISASSOCIATED.
- They condemned the United Nations and yet were a part of it all those years and were disfellowshipping people for such inane things as belonging to the YMCA.
What really rocked your JW world?