Has the new BS arrangement been confirmed enough for you?

by 5go 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

I heard it today, I made a special trip to the hall to hear it.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I almost went to the KH to hear first hand but the audio provided by SpyAmI was sufficient for me. Oh yeah, I've heard from several folks that are still in and they are OVERJOYED!!! They see it as real blessing and that the FDS really understand their needs.

• Casper
    Casper

Yeah, I finally believe it... LOL...

Cas

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they clapped in my hall

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I have heard it and the reaction from a few was not what I expected.

The shock was - in other parts of the world brothers cross crocodile infested rivers to get to the BS. Just because in the USA Gas prices rise a bit a meeting is merged. This is going to make us look bad in the rest of the world"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I heard it today, I made a special trip to the hall to hear it.

I feel less bad about myself from hearing stuff like this.
    I post a bunch and I meet with ex-JW's, but I don't want to
    hear announcements first hand. I am not as obsessed as
    I thought I was. Thanks for posting.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Same reaction by many in my country - either we only have to walk for a short distance, or drive for five minutes; or, if we have to drive for more than that, petrol costs here are twice as high as in the US, but we do not complain. Poor Americans, they have to pay a bit more for their petrol than before, and now they end a meeting because of them. It would have been better for them to start getting rid of some of their body fat and get themselves exercising a bit in stead of complaining. These BS were nice meetings, familiar, social, and with the reading of a letter they suddenly are history. Too easy.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

By the way, it was also said - by the literature desk persons - that they had been informed all literaure from now on would only be "specially ordered articles" and that the congregational stock should only consist of two books, the "Bible Teach" and "Draw Near" books.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, we better go to the Kingdom Hall now because the end is so close.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I really wanted to go and get everyone applauding when the announcement was read but a fader doesn't need that kind of attention.

Better yet would be to go to the local Special Day or Circuit Assembly with a few strategically located buddies and start a round of applause... if I understood the Spanish letter correctly it said the announcement would be read at the end of the day... when everyone is in an applauding mood already. Just seeing 1000 dubs cheering the elimination of a meeting would have been worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit