Am I the only one bored with all the "Changes to The BS" discussions?

by Princess Daisy Boo 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

I see it as trying to pander to the growing restlessness of the shrinking rank and file. They are lowering the bar for the commitment it takes to join or remain in the org. This is by no means the "Big News" of two years ago but I think it is significant. How would you feel if your employer told you he was reducing your work hours but your pay would stay the same?

This is consistent with my theory that the WTS is strategically becoming just another LDS, Adventist, Cristian Scientist, etc. sect that perks along indefinately. I think eventually the entire thing will be based on a heavenly hope and the burdensome Armegeddon/New World doctrine will be faded.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Points noted, but I still think that 1001 threads about the reactions to the big announcement is excessive - maybe this change will have some sort of long term effect on their demise and we can all hope and dream, but this is merely speculation!

Sorry I can't comment more, but I have to quickly catch up on the latest on the masturbation thread.

• DJK
    DJK

I'm bored with the BS threads myself. And I now have a phobia for shaking hands with anyone.

• Latte
    Latte

Speaking from a ‘brought up in the troof’ ex dub. I can assure you that I am very interested in everyones comments about this change. Certainly for me it IS a major change…I am only gutted that the change wasn’t made whilst I was a child. I deeply regret the time which was wasted on listening to the ‘Ezeliel, Babylon, Revelation Youth etc books. We even had one study conductor prepare additional Q’s for us little ones to answer the following week! The study would always go over by 1/2hr with that guy!

The memories of the ‘the boring book study’ have made me start having nightmares about going to meeting of late! LOL

Believe me…if YOU had endured many years of THAT group study you would realize that this is a BIG change…many will be soooo relived. (sorry... caps are my feeling towards the 'Buxx sxxt' meeting not any poster on this thread )

Frankly I still can’t believe that they have stopped this meeting…

Sadly I can no longer be sure that I won’t bump into a dub at Tescos anymore on a Tuesday!

Latte (who just shown her age! LOL)

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

How can anyone say this isn't a major change? For how long have JW's had meetings every other day of the working week? And for those of us with families still in, it's very important as it directly affects them and their indoctrination. As for boredom, If you don't want to read about it don't click the threads.

By the way, this isn't the first thread about being bored with the BS topics either. :P

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am a born in ex dub and I was subjected to 18 years of meetings every other day, so if this had happened when I was in, it would have excited me beyond belief!

Maybe I am just a bit jaded?

Maybe now someone can start a thread about being bored with all the bored about bs threads?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am bored with it too

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Maybe now someone can start a thread about being bored with all the bored about bs threads?

• minimus
    minimus

Nark, that was quite funny! I love it!!!

I'm glad THIS thread isn't about the BS.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just made a quick count of how many threads exist here about this BS change, and I stopped counting after the first dozen.

Seriously, how many different threads are needed to discuss a single subject?

No, you're not the only one who's bored with it. Since I'm no longer a JW it really isn't that important to me.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit