Response in the US to announcement

by CaptainSchmideo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

One young, zealous brother was thrilled about it! "They (meaning the Gov. Body) know something's going to happen, or they wouldn't be doing this! I'm very excited!"

The PO who read the letter commented after reading "Sometime in the New System, we'll look back and say 'I remember when that announcement was read!' "

Other's are excited for no other reason that they won't have the nuisance of two meetings a week (even though it wasn't phrased like that, the implication was clear...).

• flipper
    flipper

CAPTAIN SCHMIDEO- How do we spell CRAZY ? Jeez. These people are like dogs grasping for any bone thrown their way ! Incredible

• changeling
    changeling
    They (meaning the Gov. Body) know something's going to happen, or they wouldn't be doing this! I'm very excited!"

Brings back memories of 9/11. A pioneer sister I used to work with came bouncing into the office the next day with a huge smile on her face saying: "This is so exciting! The end must be near!"

changeling

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The letter had its desired effect. There is a little bit of disappointment because that was the members only opportunity to really socialize but mostly excitement as people I have spoken to today think that this is evidence that time is almost up, there is only a little bit of time left, and the ark doors are going to close soon.

So, yeah, expect people to become more zealous in the ministry now that they think there is not much time left.

er

• journey-on
    journey-on

They (meaning the Governing Body) knew exactly what they were doing by announcing this eight months in advance.

The r&f will stick around another year in anticipation of SOMETHING BIG IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN! It's the proverbial

carrot in front of the horse's nose.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

What a load of ....

I agree with some of the other posters on other related threads that this is a maneuver by the GB to rein in the free thinkers who might get away with saying something at the BS.

The larger the group the less likely individuals are going to want to appear different or out of step.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers to all,

Alex

• penny2
    penny2

The local reaction here in Oz - "Why do we have to wait until January?"

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Earlier this week I told my JDub relative. The response was, "Oh, no! that's my favorite study. I hope what you say isn't true. Where did you get the information?"

Now, after the meeting, JDub relative called to say, "Oh, it's wonderful. It's going to start in January. It's becuase of the high gas prices."

Which, I replied, "But high gas prices are starting right now, and it's going to over $4 a gallon by June."

Relative, "But, it's also for the families. They have no time, and this will allow them time."

The party line is what they drink. Hook, line, and sinker.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

some are already pissed off

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The shock was - in other parts of the world brothers cross crocodile infested rivers to get to the BS. Just because in the USA Gas prices rise a bit a meeting is merged. This is going to make us look bad in the rest of the world"

The bookstudy is a burden has alos not gone down well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit