HEAR the announcement...

by SpyAmI 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you, Spy! Wow, it's true, reading it and then listening to it comes across a little different, with all the intonation and JW emphasis. I think it'll spook them (R & F). I do remember back when, when many thought that the GB 'know more than we can handle.' Now I know all that they (GB) know and then some!!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

It's been 25 years since I've heard anything from the platform and I must say it really does sound like a cult. How these people sit there and allow someone else by letter no less, give them instructions on what to do or not to do on with their time. Must have family bible study, personal study, WTF? More instruction are coming huh? Will that be the letter telling them to drink the kool aid?

And the whole "is fast approaching" has been used to death already! Listening to this crap was weird to say the least.

nj

• Netty
    Netty

"buy out the opportune time"... Do they really STILL say that? Gross! The Ikky memories come flooding back...

Wasn't there a gas shortage in the late 70's, I think?? Maybe, not that I was alive at that time. Didn't get us out of the book study then.

I love the "more to come" line, great way to keep 'em hooked and anticipating more, so they stick around a while longer.

What's all this "grassy pasture's" business? Is this supposed to get them thinking the paradise is right around the corner.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Daniel:"The Congregation Bible Study"... so does that mean they'll be studying the Bible? Also, I love how they call it an "adjustment." Just like all the Bethel downsizing is called "streamlining."

Yep, that was my question too... This could be good for us if they actually would just study the Bible, and nothing else... But alas, I am surre that it will continue to be the same WTS propaganda as before...

And SPYareyou.... welcome to JWD (if yer new)... keep on spying like Joshua and Caleb,,,

A@G

• JK666
    JK666

Maybe they are going to "go Mormon" and ride bikes.

JK

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"we wish to add no further burder to you"

Wow, they're finally admitting how burdensome the meetings are.

Thanks, Spy ! And Welcome !

B the X

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

did they clap, the people clapped in my hall

• SpyAmI
    SpyAmI

Nope... I listened for any sort of reaction... they just went straight into the song and prayer after that. Kind of a stunned, relieved silence, I guess. Wish I could have been there to see the reactions on folks' faces... I was recording this off their "dial in" conference bridge system for those that can't make it due to illness. I wasn't actually there. :-)

• sspo
    sspo
    It's ridiculous to use the "Cost of Fuel" as a reasoning, when they still promote the useless door to door work...

Are they just concerned about Americans paying $4 a gallon.

All over Europe the brothers have been paying $7 a gallon for decades and now it's over $8.

Why is it that the "loving GB" showed no concern for them or have some in third world country walk an hour and half each way to attend a boring book study?

It's not about gas or insurance liability, they're finally realizing if they don't lighten the load they will lose more members, especially the new generation of witnesses being raised with the internet.

I also firmly beleive the GB themselves know that their claim of being chosen by Jehovah is just a dream or fantasy but they will not or cannot

come right out and say it because of the affect on millions of deceived JW's.

That's why the many changes in the last few years to make the religion more acceptable.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Gas prices, my eye. They only want to eliminate what little fun some people have with those goodie nights, and tighten up on the comments on the last area that still has a tiny bit of freedom.

And, watch them make it a field circus night. That will waste even more gas. You are saving gas by not going to a boasting session, so why not thank the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger by wasting triple the gas by going out in field circus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit