Professional Pan Handler Pockets $50 an Hour

by kwr 14 Replies latest social current

• kwr
    kwr

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/84523.html

Don't give beggers money ever.
  • joebin
    joebin

I used to know a professional panhandler in Boston. Was married, decent car and nice apartment. He was getting VA benefits, had been in a motorcycle accident while overseas.

People like that give beggars a bad name..lol

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/84523.html

I feel so bad for her mother, she almost broke down when channel 2 news went to the door.

My heart goes out to real homeless people not Con's playing games. Interesting that the news was able to

talk to a few of the money givers.

hope4others

• Casper
    Casper

Amazing..........

I feel a pull at my heart when I see homeless people asking for money, but as above, you just never know if you are being taken.

My husband and I were at a local grocery store a few years ago, on the way out, a lady came up to us. She was crying and pleading for $10.00 for groceries. She said it wasn't for her, but for her children. They were starving..

I just couldn't leave her, she seemed and looked so distraught.........

So we told her if she would go in with us we would buy her X amount of gro. She hurried around getting bread, peanut butter, milk ...etc. only about $20.00 worth, so we didn't feel she was taking advantage of us, we had offered more. She was crying the whole time.

We paid for it, and went out.... she was so appreciative and thanked us over and over....

I truly feel she was for real, and we still feel good for doing it.

Cas

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I know there are cons every where, but that will not stop me from giving to some I feel might really need it. Casper, that does sound like she really needed it, I have notice that a lot of times when someone ask for money to buy food and you offer to actually by food for them and they get upset, you know it's not food they want so if that lady was happy I doubt very much she was a con.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I agree, if they look decently clean, they're probably fakers. The real hobos have an entourage of funk protecting them from all angles.

• Casper
    Casper

Thanks Anti...

I know what you mean.

in this instance, I feel it really was a case of a desperate mother trying to feed her children... esp. since she didn't use all the money that was offered, only what she felt was necessary.

I wish we didn't have to be on guard all the time, causing some of those truly in need, to go without.

Cas

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I wish we didn't have to be on guard all the time, causing some of those truly in need, to go without.

Cas

I agree. What the reporter said in the end, give to the churches and local charities then you know that your money is going to a good place, well that can be true but you can not be sure that some one is not using some of that money for personal expenses. I try not to worry to much, when I see TV evangelist making millions, I find reports like these ones unimportant.

• startingover
    startingover

I noticed a man in a wheelchair with a sign at the entrance to the shopping center where I had lunch the other day. When I came back, the sign was sitting in the wheelchair and he was nowhere to be found. I guess he went on break.

• Casper
    Casper
    What the reporter said in the end, give to the churches and local charities then you know that your money is going to a good place, well that can be true but you can not be sure that some one is not using some of that money for personal expenses

That's what bothers me, I, at the moment, don't trust the churches and charities. I suppose the WTS has made me feel distrustful, along with things we hear about in the news.

I would rather help someone, in person.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit