how do you change your perspective?

by wings 17 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

WINGS - I change my perspective on life , if I'm feeling a bit down by getting involved in interesting hobbies , such as collecting art, walking, hiking in the mountains, love to read different books on psychology, Sasquatch, playing Scrabble with Mrs. Flipper, watching movies as you stated, comedies, dramas, a wide variety. I think by keeping busy a person can make their life more enjoyable and interesting. PLus, I enjoy coming on the board here helping others when I can

• wings
    wings
    OK you have hours to watch TV but no time to read.

To clarify further. At the time I was watching these movies....I was caring for a 2 yr old, and a 3 yr old. A 82 yr old and a 84 yr old. I had no help except on weekends. I did not have a TV, and I did not have time for JWD.

Sometimes when you are down, it is hard to be proactive in your life. The movies helped me to put my life in a different perspective.

• changeling
    changeling

You won't learn anything from it, but I just saw "Baby Momma" this afternoon (I love Tina Fey). It was better than I thought. I figured it was going to be all slapstick, but it actually had a decent story line.

changeling :)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    To clarify further. At the time I was watching these movies....I was caring for a 2 yr old, and a 3 yr old. A 82 yr old and a 84 yr old. I had no help except on weekends. I did not have a TV, and I did not have time for JWD.

Yikes my daughter has a 4 year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 13 yr old girl and she never gets to sit down until they are in bed at night. Sometimes she actually gets to sit down to eat a whole meal

When the 13 year old was a baby she had two elderly in-laws to care for so I definitely know from watching her how busy she was - lots of coffee going cold because she was running in all directions

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you get into the right "secret society", they can give you a more objective perspective on things. The one I joined gave me a totally objective, unbiased look at the Bible and Jesus' true message (and I have not only been unable to rationally rebut it, but it solved most of the problems within the Bible that the witlesses were unable to even attempt).

However, I highly recommend cross-referencing any "secret society" you are thinking of joining before doing so. If you get into the wrong one, you could be scammed out of thousands of dollars and no better perspective. Or, a cult that could be as bad as the witlesses. Or you could find yourself in the Freemasons, some Mafia organization, or a gang. Or a criminal group that could even kill you for attempting to leave. Which fact means it's necessary to look at the policies and get an inside look before joining--if the ones running the "secret society" are upfront and totally objective, and there are very few complaints from members about it (you will always get a few), despite no ban on such grumbling, chances are you will benefit. But if they are secretive and deceptive about policies or ban dissidence, that is a red flag.

• wings
    wings
    However, I highly recommend cross-referencing any "secret society" you are thinking of joining before doing so. If you get into the wrong one, you could be scammed out of thousands of dollars and no better perspective. Or, a cult that could be as bad as the witlesses. Or you could find yourself in the Freemasons, some Mafia organization, or a gang. Or a criminal group that could even kill you for attempting to leave. Which fact means it's necessary to look at the policies and get an inside look before joining--if the ones running the "secret society" are upfront and totally objective, and there are very few complaints from members about it (you will always get a few), despite no ban on such grumbling, chances are you will benefit. But if they are secretive and deceptive about policies or ban dissidence, that is a red flag.

LOL Wizard....I think I'll stick to movies.

Hasn't anyone seen the movie Trade?

• wings
    wings

btt

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Having a new perspective is awareness building.

Living it may become peculiar and awkward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit