If anyone else is tired of the announcement, bible study change

by dinah 27 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

It brought a good adrenalin surge to the forum:-)

But it will all be over tomorrow:-(

Wonder what big announcement will be next...???

• Layla33
    Layla33

Yes.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Erm ... but isn't this thread is about the "announcement" also?

[and the "announcement" is about a change in the Book Study arrangement .... no change to Bible study yet]

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's like some kind of obsession I can't understand why there was so much ado about the change in a minor dub arrangement. If they announce something like the stopping of the door to door preaching or that everyone should partake of the bread and wine then that will be some news indicating a possible deep change in the old cult.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Nope. I'm not tired of it at all.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Isn't it great to be tired of it even before the announcement is made?

A hint of snobism makes it feel even better...

• TheListener
    TheListener

Personally, I wouldn't call an announcement that may cause the cessation of my wife and family leaving me each and every week for a one hour brainwashing session trivial or meaningless.

A lot of us here don't have many real life people we can talk to that understand our particular situations. The mere fact that many threads have been started and commented upon by others shows how much this forum helps heal individuals.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

While there certainly are a lot of threads on this subject, it really is a big deal.It could be argued by many JW's who left the Org that just our being here "is a waste of time" or "no big deal".Yet, this place serves a very real purpose.For some, it's a lifesaver.For those like myself it's a way of seeing just how others are coping and their present view on matters.Our thought process for so long was tainted by our environment inside the JW world.We thought we were right, that we had it all, or at least most of it, figured out.Then it all fell apart and were forced to re-examine all things.There are many threads because there are presently few answers.Many, whether in or out, will be impacted by this.

The more time one spends away from the org, the clearer ones mind becomes, like a drug that begins to wear off.I believe that if this rumored change is indeed genuine, that some will be able to slow down enough to think more clearly and free themselves and their families from this slavery disgracefully called "the truth".With frequency comes intimacy.But only seeing each other in a limited, nonsocial, and highly controlled setting like the meetings is likely to cause many to grow apart.It can facilitate a fade.It can be harder to get everyone to go to the meetings with such a large gap in between them.One becomes used to "not being there" or having some time for yourself.This change will cause some to research online what other JW's are saying about this major change, and this in turn will lead to the discovery of things that were previously hidden to them.It will cause dissonance because for years the encouragement has been to "never miss a meeting" and to meet "all the more so as you behold the day drawing near." Now, a whole meeting night will be eliminated, the routine of decades will be changed.The initial shock will be replaced by relief by many, and then followed by questions with no real answers.Lack of attendance is obvious and this affects morale and confidence.

I hope this announcement marks the beginning of the end of this org as we know it.It will shake things up.Some will not change, some will grow even more "hardcore"...but others....they will leave.It is good news.It is a big deal.

• BFD
    BFD

What announcement?

BFD

• changeling
    changeling

Were you raised "in" by super "theocratic" parents? Have you been out for a short while, a few months or a couple of years? Do you still have close family "in"? If you can answer yes to these questions I bet you're still interested. I know I am.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit