bethelites and lunacy

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Right off the bat I am going to say that I understand there are a few bethelites and ex-bethelites here and I have no intention of offending anyone. I have read the posts you've made and have enjoyed them and respect your individual points of view. That said, I need to ask the board if they have noticed anything peculiar about the folks coming out of beth-Hell? Is beth-Hell filled with loony toons, do they just create a few, or do they just release the worst ones back into society???

My experience so far with the ones in my varied congregations were that they were off their rockers (There have been several of these guys) but for time's sake I will list two of the moderately weird ones.

Study number 1)

In Albuquerque, we had this young pioneer sister (19 yrs old) named H*** and she had been corresponding with a young brother (22 yrs old?? Something like that) she met during a trip to visit Brooklyn beth-Hell. He left beth-Hell to join her in our congregation as a pioneer, marry her, and live happily ever-after. Or at least as happily as possible until "The Paradise" got here.

Well, he was there about a month or so and their "courtship" was cut short because he had fallen for her underaged (14 yrs old) cousin that my sister had privately nicknamed "Stuffy", because she once saw a quite large wad of toilet paper poking out from under her bra. Anyway, the pioneer was very hurt with both of these assbags, but in a show of "Christian Unity" served as her treacherous cousin's maid of honor at the wedding once "Stuffy" reached an appropriate age (She was 15 with mom's consent)........

So, married bliss was in the air! Oh how happy they were. And "Stuffy's" mom? ECSTATIC that she had spawned a child that was good enough for one of Jah's Finest young Christian warriors!! (Weird how it she was good enough for a beth-hell-ite but had such shitty family values as to steal her cousins betrothed). And poor young pioneer H***? Ripped apart inside but soldiering on with a big smile on her plump but pretty face.

Then about a week after the honeymoon, fifteen year old teen bride of the beth-hell-ite "Stuffy" showed up to the hall with huge dark sunglasses. They were huge, but nothing could have hide the shame and swelling of her previously smiling face. Apparently this 15 year old child was not swift enough to dodge the mighty hand of one of Jah's Finest Young Christian Warriors. Yes, she had disobeyed him, or maybe was not prompt enough, or enthusiatic enough to respond to his "needs" and had to be shown the "Discipline of the temple". Apparently she was rebellious or a slow learner because she came to many meetings swollen.

Turns out this beth-hell-ite was some kind of a mental case.

Study number 2)

The next one comes from good old Sacramento. There was once a young brother from Brooklyn beth-Hell who came out to the lush and green Sacramento Valley to find himself a young bride. He had no job, no personality, and of course an overinflated opinion of himself. Everyone at the congregation behaved as they should when we heard of the arrival of one of Jah's Finest Young Christian warriors. Everyone gasped, ooed and ahhed upon his arrival. Surely this young "Champion of the Faith" would teach us the ways of the truth and expand our membership at least ten-fold and at once steal the heart of one of our precious daughters and make lots of little beth-hell-ites with her because Jah blesses those servents of his who are in the presence of such spiritual supermen.

He found a very nice sister and with his "spirit guided and trained" manliness, he swept her off her feet and they eloped in Reno. She came back from the honeymoon bruised and battered. Apparently spiritual supermen have libidos the size of their overinflated opinions of themeselves too. She came home and told tales of how wonderful he was in bed. How during their first night together, she had put on a very expensive lingerie ensemble, made herself up, and had set up a wonderful and romantic evening they would forever remember. She was waiting for him in their Motel 6 wedding bed, giddy and eager to finally offer herself to this amazing yet still unemployed man of God.

She recounted an amazing story of his wondrous and spiritual ways. When he came out of the bathroom he had on a bathrobe. He told her to put hers on. Then they knelt at the foot of the bed and he prayed. He prayed, and prayed and prayed for nearly fifteen minutes. Then after they amen-ed he lifted her up as if she was as light as a feather and laid her gently on the bed. He then proceeded to rip the expensive lingerie she had so carefully coordinated with her romantic evening to shreds, bruising her all over as he ripped it from her body. He then slapped her face and forced himself onto her and into every possible orifice. So great was his lust that he continued to pummel her tiny body the entire night, even after she was to sore and swollen to continue, he beat her into submission like only a spiritual superman who knows his bible can. When she got home she could only talk about how wonderfully "loving" he is and how manly he is.

His loving nature was only expanded upon. When her mom and dad humbly and meekly questioned her condition he attacked her mother and shoved her to the ground in a show of his mightiness and spiritual superiority. He had to flee for his life as the evil red-haired brother of his bride attacked him with a trowel and nearly split his head open with it. This dastardly act had to be dealt with swiftly and decisively. The evil red-haired brother of teh bride was disfellowshipped for attacking one of Jah's Finest Young Christian Warriors and interfering with his headSHIT with no "Spirit Guided" authority.

After about a year of marriage the young couple were seen arm in arm, happy to be together and taking in a big night on the town. Yes, they were seen strolling thru the used car lots out on the corner of Madison and Auburn Blvd., swapping sips from a Big Gulp. Yes, life is truly wonderful isn't it? especially when you can live in a "spiritual paradise" and have one of Jah's Finest Young Christian Warriors to share it with.

This asshole was also a mental case.

My questions again are has anyone else seen this sort of spiritual mightiness in their congos? Does anyone know if there are lots of these guys in the beth-Hell houses or do they just let them loose on society when they become more mighty than can be controlled? I am looking forward to your responses.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Anyone have any stats about the percentage of NPGs they have in Bethel?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

While at Bethel at the table next to mine there was a married couple. Was a couple times she came to the table with black and blue marks on her face. Her husband was known to be a bit short tempered.

There were a number of "mental cases" that I knew of that were there for a short period of time. The elders in the congregation thought their going to Bethel would be good for them, like going to rehab.

As for the two examples given at the start of this thread. You can probably bet that the these guys father treated there mothers like that. This kind of behavior is generally learned long before they are old enough to enter Bethel.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

We have to keep in mind that thee are people who go to their Bethel assignment and at some point decide "this is b*llsh!t" and leave. Before the Internet, such people faced a lonely prospect.

Anyone who goes to Bethel and figures "this is IT" is of a specific Meyers-Brigg personality type: the masochistic lunatic.

• ninja
    ninja

hey wuncey.....my father treated me like shit.....I would slit my wrists before I ever treated my wee ones the same way.......

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

In my experience, both with six years at Bethel and about 15 years working with churches including seminaries and Bible colleges, and being a pastor, WHAT YOU SEE at Bethel is nothing unusual. First of all realize that people who have rebellious kids pack them up and send them away to boot camp, whether it be the military or religious or political. This is a way of dumping the problem on someone else. I was a floor overseer at bethel and a Bethel elder and so I continually got new boys in both to train and to take to the congregation weekly. We had some real winners.

But all of what I saw is no different than what I see in my neighborhood, among the 18 to 40-year-olds, especially the alpha males, the immature and the narcissists. :-))

People are people, you will find the same patterns in other religions and other control systems, which you will see that is different from one to the other is the influence of the parental model. It's the parental model is harsh and demanding. It creates resentment and low self-esteem, and sometimes a viciousness. We see that happening on Youtube right now with the Scientology phenomenon. Perhaps no other modern religious organization has ever angered so many people for its size. Such a large number of extremely angry people, because of their treatment at the hand of this mistress. This rage has caused a backlash that will probably undo Scientology this year. I don't mean it will disappear. I mean, it will no longer be attractive to the glitterati. The days of such groups are nearly over killed by their own extremism. To be seen as a Sci will be embarrassing to the educated.

randy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I agree with Dogpatch.

Bethel has all sorts, some wonderful people and some nutty ones. There were several 40+ single brothers in Aust branch that were extremely difficult people. Bethel is ideal for them; an unhealthy, heirarchical environment where people are forced to pretend to love each other and respect brothers "appointed" to positions of authority.

• Roski
    Roski

jwfacts -

Just wondered if the Woods are still in the Aussie bethel - (don't answer if you prefer not to).

She was a nice person when I knew her.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To be fair, there are all types at Bethel. I have even met some GB clowns. The guys from Bethel who came back home to local congregations in NJ were decent enough. But the "sisters" still swooned over them. It's bad enough that the odds are one man to 20 women in the WT. But when that one guy is thought to be the cream of the crop, very few can resist the ego trip.

We had a very popular ex-Bethel brother come back after doing his time or whatever. His father was the PO. The most beautiful black sister (she was prettier than Vanessa Williams, some claimed) fell for him and they got married. He later fooled around and I heard the marriage was in bad shape. Since they moved away, I don't know the outcome.

It does seem that Bethel people can do no wrong. And since at the time we were about one hour from NYC, we often had Bethel speakers on Saturday night for a special talk, then of course he did the Sunday talk as well. If you didn't attend on Saturday night, you better have had a good reason. Anyway, their talks were usually boring and they were robots. I started to see then that if this is "happy", I'll take sad.

It's also good to note that JW's in general have a much higher rate of mental illness than the general population. And I suspect that living at Bethel only increases those illnesses. So I have come to notice that Bethel people are sicker than most local JW's. After all, they are exposed to the insanity much more closely and for more time each week. I cannot imagine the "vibes" that must be in the air every minute of the day with so many lunatics walking around acting as if they were normal office workers as they did their various jobs. Really sad.

I'm starting to observe lately that the higher up the ladder a JW goes, the more mentally disturbed he acts. Of course, there are exceptions and I apologize if I've included anyone who doesn't deserve it. We do see many quit this cult such as Raymond Franz. And even when he was in the GB, he tried to fight against the idiots in charge. So some are good people and actually are quite sane. They just happen to manage to survive long enough to get out before a full lobotomy is completed on their minds.

For the record, I am a writer and in college, I had a 98.5 GPA for the 80 to 100 essays I wrote to obtain my Psychology degree. I consider Cr. of Cons. to be one of the most intelligent, thorough, sane, and heart-felt books I have ever read. I finished it in less than a week or so. So it is possible to leave Bethel with a great deal of feeling, talent, and decency. I'm not stating my background for any personal gain. I only want any victims to realize that all "worldly" people are NOT from Satan and ignorant or brainwashed by the media.

I hope that the victims of the physical abuse inflicted on others, especially helpless women, will contact the authorities. A few years in prison, and here in Florida they'd get more than that, would teach some of these arrogant punks some manners. Men beating up women is one crime that infuriates me. If I ever see it happening, "Mr. Bethel" is going to be taken out.

My sympathies to any woman unfortunate enough to have suffered any abuse at the hands of these cowardly bullies. I know most will never read these posts, but if any do, please do the world a favor and report this abuse. These men are NOT from God. If the WT isn't from God, how could anyone living there be from God? Good health to all. M.A.N. from Silent Lambs.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Bethel produces two types: 1) "Weird" JW specimens who have absorped extraordinary levels of cognative dissonance, and 2) those who are dissilusioned, burned out, and only a few years or months away from leaving the company altogether.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit