TURIN SHROUD/ Has anyone found a faith after leaving??

by chuckyy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

HI.

Ive recently been reading some really interesting stuff about the Turin Shroud, how it could be authentic after all, and the evidence that points to its authenticity. Of course, this gives me reason for thinking that "what if the gospels are true after all?"

Has anyone else here looked at the subject of the Turin Shroud??

Has anyone here found a faith that they believe in as much as they once believed in JWs???

Chukky

• oompa
    oompa

Oh yeah....an old blanket will do it for me. If I was camping, I would use it for toilet paper........sorry. The only faith I have left is what I have always had, and that is only that nature and the universe are incredible and seem to have needed a designer....the many systems are just too complex. But what has happened to that designer will always be a mystery to me....I try not to think about it anymore....life and death will just be an adventure..............oompa

I think I would need to see real miracles...even a little one.....burning bush...levitation...voices....fire from heaven.....ANYTHING!

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

CTR said "religion is a snare and a racket".

The questions should be " has anyone found faith after leaving".

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I have read a few things about it but I think it's not conclusive enough.

I don't live by faith any more, I do have faith in my friends, family and myself but that's about it.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Actually, most people have BLIND faith. They are led around by the way the prevailing winds blow. He's HERE, He's THERE, he's EVERY where. Right! After over 40 years as a jw, I have no faith. Well, I take that back. I have faith that the sun will come up tomorrow, it's law of the universe.

Now, SHOW me a law or a given that there is " A " god, that is living and working for MAN's benefit today and I MIGHT, Just MIGHT give some credence to FAITH.... I believe in MYSELF and my WIFE, and what we do for each other. No GOD has ever done anything for me that I asked of him in my past life.

That's just ME.........

NMG

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Faith is what you hope in, it is internal and personal - something you develop and nurture.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Warning: Sarcastic answer to follow:

Turin Shroud-Jesus

Cheeto found in bag of Cheetos-Jesus

Bun found at a bakery-Mother Theresa

Clouds-Anything you want them to be

Upshot-I don't believe in it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I no longer feel guilty for demanding to see what I'm worshipping. I worship nature because I see what nurtures me and every living being. I feel no guilt for not being able to worship something that I can't see. Remember that guilt laid on us by WTS that says if we don't have faith in what we can't see (gives wind as an example) then how can we have faith in oh, whatever...I can't remember it exactly but it was a guilt trip of sorts. You know what I'm talking about. Completely twisted logic.

• real one
    real one

I realized studying with jw that I forgot about Jesus. The most important part of the gospel. i read a lot of post from ex-jw that had left and said they found Jesus Christ and at first I was like these people are crazy, i know who Jesus is. I knew of him but had not really established a relationship with him. He is the key.

• yknot
    yknot

Chuckyy

While I have not done any indept research on the shroud I do find it's "mystery" the speculations interesting.

I really like the Discovery, National Geographic, and History Channels.

Losing all the WTS blinders and acknowledging the wrongs it has done ......did make me appreciate why many lose faith or become atheist I personally never lost "faith".....I agree with Lex, S3RAPH1M, and real one!

My WTS exit started when in desparate prayer I came to understand that faith and religion are not equal.

While I am still a bit timid in this world of reading the Bible without WT Pubs, I really am enjoying spending time re-reading the gospels.

Best Wishes on your journey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit