The Book Study change is for real

by Hiddenwindow 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Until now, I have been skeptical about the so called change in the Book Study meeting. However, maybe this anecdote proves me wrong. We (the elders) recently had a meeting. One of the elders asked if it was possible to create a new Book Study because his has enough attendance for two Studies. The P.O. laugh when he said that. I guess I was the only one who understood why he was laughing. He said, "maybe we could discussed that later". Then, about 5 minutes later he asked us not to miss Sunday meeting because there is a letter we have to read 15 minutes before the meeting starts. "That's all I can tell you", he said. So, maybe the change is a reality after all.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(post removed)

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Since I no longer attend the meetings, I won't hear the announcement made, so let us know what happens!

• sandy
    sandy

They're going to read the letter 15 Min BEFORE the start of the meeting? Just curious . . . Is that a new thing?

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

No, the letter is being read to the elders prior to the public talk.

• sandy
    sandy

I see thanks for the clarification. I can be a little slow.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Deleted.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

hoohooohoooo I got to use that info on a Jdub today - it was fun - I told her they were going to read a letter to the elders tomorrow and there wouldn't be any more book studies - one meeting less. She didn't believe me which makes it all the more fun!!!

• confusa
    confusa

What change in the book study are you guys referring to?

• watchthem
    watchthem

Confirmed. All has been revelead at the cong meeting. No more BS from Jan 2009. BS combined with TMS and SM. Not much reaction. One asked why wait till end of year. We already facing problem now. This news from Asia country. One day ahead of US.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit