Borg-like zeal of ex-friends

by Bring_the_Light 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK
    I'm finding myself really enjoying "not being a JW" now. I've mostly been just a "normal human being" the past 10 years. Now I think i want to be a "not a JW".

You are "not a JW" so I suggest, if you can, looking forward instead of backwards.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

1. I'm finding myself really enjoying "not being a JW" now. I've mostly been just a "normal human being" the past 10 years. Now I think i want to be a "not a JW".

2. I've also been thinking about getting baptized, getting into the theocratic ministry school, and well, bring "outside" references into my first bible reading.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite seeing the big picture here, why am I not getting this?

Please explain,

hope4others

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

After all I've been through, I just feel the need to speak truth to power. I've had people I know very well treat me crazy. Its important for me to let it be known that it isn't me that's wrong.

I just want to spend a few days, make a few statements, that involve me being me without bending to social pressure at all, let them bend around me for a change.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

The one thing that bugs me is due to the cultish mechanisms of control, and American tolderance of crazypants religion, very few JW's really "get challenged" on their crap. They love to talk about good Christian oppression, in reality, I can't remember ANYONE looking me in the eye and telling me what I (was supposed to) believe wasn't true, make any suggestion that I was "being controlled" or indicate any of this isn't healthy, and that people are getting hurt over it.

Wanna be a crazypants? I think you should have to be a crazypants in the full light of day. Anyhoo, I differ from the Society in my views if "Avoiding Individual Thought".

Bring_the_Light

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Even just asking people to say out loud that they think that the whole current state of the world is based on a woman eating an apple can be an illuminating experience. They generally won't want to say it out loud. If you get them to say it out loud, then they start wondering why they feel so wierd saying it. Eventually, they might figure out they feel wierd because its totally nuts.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Wanna be a crazypants? I think you should have to be a crazypants in the full light of day. Anyhoo, I differ from the Society in my views if "Avoiding Individual Thought

That said, your views differ from the society, it still does not explain this;

2. I've also been thinking about getting baptized, getting into the theocratic ministry school, and well, bring "outside" references into my first bible reading

What do you want, just to differ in your views and get baptised. Why go to all that trouble, and just boggle your mind?

Do you want to talk about this further?

hope4others

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the board, BTL.

I went to all the Rochester conventions up through 2000. NO more for me!

If you feel like "tilting at the Watchtower windmill", all the more power to you. As you know, most JW's are impervious to any suggestion that they open their mind to any different thoughts.

For me, the best revenge is to live life well and to show them I can be happy without them.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hey he's just having fun fantasizing. It could be fun to go to a convention, see everyone he used to know, say howdy, shoot the shit, and then watch them turn all funny and start backing away from him like he has the plague. I haven't been quite that much out there, but the last couple of times I had to go to a KH (funerals) I smiled at people and shook their hands and told them I was fine, thank you. Kind of funny to watch them not know how to react.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit