Nothing said last night

by stillajwexelder 12 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In our hall last night ,nothing was said about a big announcement after the WT study Sunday

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Maybe you should have asked the PO about it.

Kwin

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Maybe some POs are withholding the announcement about the announcement because they don't want people speculating and asking questions.

They didn't announce the announcement about the announcement at my hall either, but they did mention Tuesday night that there would be a special elder's meeting immediately before the start of Sunday's public talk. I assume this is for two reasons:

1. So that the elders would know how to answer the thousands of questions they are going to get immediately after the meeting and on until January.

2. So that they won't have time to spill their guts before the governing body's "appointed time."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Stilla, you mean to imply this might not be happening? I have been telling people - so it better happen!

That'll teach me to listen to you sneaky old apostates if it turns out untrue.

Slim

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I told my ex-wife, still an active JW, about the announcement. She told me straight out that there's supposed to be a special announcement at the meeting this Sunday.

S4

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

slimboyfat: why should the FDS have all the fun of false predictions?

I've not mentioned it to anyone still in, and wouldn't even if I knew it were true as they would then know I was keeping track online.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    slimboyfat: why should the FDS have all the fun of false predictions?

I've not mentioned it to anyone still in, and wouldn't even if I knew it were true as they would then know I was keeping track online.

I told people I got bethel contacts and that's how I heard. So come Sunday I'm either gonna look like a super holy prophet of Jah or a nasty lying apostate .

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well thanks anyway guys - just wanted to keep you informed. Our PO is anal anyway

• greendawn
    greendawn

There have been a lot of such instances recently about great announcements coming up with sensational content, the FDS will announce an end to the preaching work, or that armagerddon is about to be unleashed and the like.

These are just control techniques to motivate the dispirited R&F, the WTS will never change its fundamental guiding principles and nature.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It's suppose to be a surprize! They don't want to spoil the fun to early.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit