Long term faders

by scotsman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

Just reading some of the confirmations re the amalgamation of the group study with the TMS/SM I see those that have had conversations with their PO have

been on the board since 2002 (eg yesidid and Alligator Wisdom)

Hi Scotsman,

If I may clarify. The PO to whom I referred is not MY PO, he is A PO.

I have not been to a meeting in about six years. We stopped as soon as we realised it wasn't "the truth".

In fact I had stopped meeting attendance before I started posting in December 2002.

The elder from whom I received the BS info, is a dear friend who, although we have been upfront with him, is still a "dear friend".

yesidid

• oompa
    oompa

I had a totally accidental and unplanned fade, and that was way before I found JWD. I was just so bummed and discouraged....weak faith and lots of doubts.... that my service dwindled to nada. Meetings just became less and less frequent.....then some of my serious questions were pathetically answered by the slave.......and that was it.....no more meetings and skipped the memorial for the first time in my life. The elders know EXACTLY why I stopped too....I told them the slaves answers may not matter to them....but they matter to me.........oompa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I had a totally accidental and unplanned fade, and that was way before I found JWD. I was just so bummed and discouraged

Kinda my thoughts too.... I have been fading without realizing it since Sept of 07. But I still didn't face up to the fact that it's not the truth until about a month ago...when I realized that not even I considered myself a JW.

I could care less if I am DA or DF or faeded or whatever. I'm not going back. I've already told this to the elders... the balls in their court now, but their not swinging. maybe they're waiting for the next CO visit to clobber me...

A@G

• oompa
    oompa
    WakeupGilead: I've already told this to the elders... the balls in their court now, but their not swinging. maybe they're waiting for the next CO visit to clobber me...

I did this, but not nearly as directly as you did! Mine did not swing either....for one, they thought I was a bit nutty, and two, they knew my questions were valid and they hated the SLAVES response too....................they are still afraid of me it seems..............not even a memorial call/invite...................oompa

• loosie
    loosie

I faded over 3 years ago. I don't go to meeting and luckily enough no elders care enough to harrass me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Whether it was their PO or just another PO, Scotsman's point is a good one.

A long-term fader who has a conversational relationship with a PO, and that PO
    would even confide in him (I know they are bad at keeping secrets, but they
    usually only tell the active confidantes AT the hall) must have an interesting
    fading story, or truly is fading awefully SSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit