So I was thinking about the earthquake we had last week...

by TheSilence 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    Now logically she knew it was the cats who had done it. However, she was in a state of panic thinking it was Jehovah warning her that she needed to stop participating in pagan practices

See...!! Killing the cat would have saved her that stress.....

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    See...!! Killing the cat would have saved her that stress.....

lol... thought I'm much saddened by your murderous tendencies towards feline companions... you and I would likely get along well with your sense of humor. Or, at the very least, I would be amused by you even if you were annoyed as hell by me.

Jackie

• brinjen
    brinjen

Couldn't resist!

alt

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Here's my experience with the earthquake last week:

I'll copy and past it straight from my MYSPACE page:

Yesterday morning, I was sitting here reading about Ghost Hunters had came to a town near me.

Quote:

GREENVILLE - "In my opinion Memorial Hall is haunted," said Reed. "There is paranormal activity. I don't believe that whatever is there is evil, though. Sometimes spirits just need help moving on."

While going through the evidence of the investigation at Memorial Hall, the Darke County Ghost Hunters found some startling discoveries.

In pictures, they found orbs and strange streaks of lights referred to as rods. In one picture of the auditorium they found two shadowy figures standing towards the back of the room.

"We usually take a series of at least three pictures just to make sure something isn't going on," said Mike Wherry, co-founder and investigator, of how they try to explain strange images.
    Thursday, April 17, 2008

Then after reading a bit about that, I typed in my town and ghosts, and was reading about suposedly other haunted houses or places close by.

then...suddenly my chair started vibrating..and shaking a little. At first I thought a truck was going by..but it kept on..then the windows were shaking a little, and the pictures on the wall were vibrating I could hear and feel it. I looked at the cat, staring up at the pictures. I couldn't decide if I was freaking myself out, because of what I had been reading, or if everything was really moving.
    Just as quickly as it started, it stopped.
    I turned off the computer, got a cup of coffee for Oz and went to wake him up. I told him about what I was reading and what I felt or thought I'd felt.

Then I turned on the TV to see what the weather was going to be like and I saw this:

Quote:

SPRINGFIELD — Some said they felt their house shake, while others thought they were having a dream or bad indigestion.

But a few who were brave enough to ask, "Was there an earthquake this morning?," were not as delusional as they thought.
    Many residents around Springfield said they felt the earth move Friday, April 18, as a 5.2 magnitude earthquake rattled buildings across the Midwest.
    The quake happened at 5:37 a.m. and was centered near West Salem, Ill., about an hour from Evansville, Ind., and was felt as far as Columbus and Atlanta.
    The tremors around the Springfield/Columbus area measured around 4.3 magnitude, said Glenn Larsen, a geologist with the state Department of Natural Resources.
    There was no damage from the quake reported in Ohio

I was hoping for ghosts...but this is pretty cool.

lisa

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

The picture is fuzzy... is it a cat in an earthquake?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

here pus pus (click of the gun hammer)

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    I was hoping for ghosts...but this is pretty cool.

I don't think I would ever be hoping for ghosts. I much prefered the earthquake ;)

That is kind of funny, though. Timing is everything, eh?

Jackie

• brinjen
    brinjen

Apparently so. I ran a search on "cat earthquake" in photobucket.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Apparently so. I ran a search on "cat earthquake" in photobucket.

If only my powers of discernment were as acute in the Werewolf game ;) Jackie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I thought we had earthquake insurance on our house and found out we didn't. I'm going to take care of that right away.

Clyde and I watched the History Channel a few weeks ago about what would happen if there was another earthquake similar to what happened around 1820 which threw the Mississippi River up out of it banks and changed the flow of the river. It would cause complete devastation in the midwest. Back then, there were only Indians and a few settlers in the area. Still, the vibrations were felt in Washington DC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit