My last meeting as an elder

by Lee Elder 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

This brings up a question: how are persons at the CO and higher levels disciplined? Are COs, DOs, branch overseers (BOs?), and zone overseers (ZOs?) ever subject to a judicial hearing? If so, who conducts it?

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Little Toe wrote:

"Lee: Your post struck more than a few chords with any who've served on a body.
    The ones who try hard to do what is "right" are worn down, worn out, and kicked
    off (if they don't leave first). As one worn out, worn down, old boot, my time is nearly up.
    Know anywhere that does re-souling?"

Your soul is already in much better shape than any of the poor smucks your leaving
    behind. That doesn't mean, however, that growth and change are without pain.
    Take some time off, take some deep breaths, focus on those that matter most -
    your family. Find something that brings you a little happiness in this life. Feel
    good about the fact that you had the courage to see things as they really are and
    cherish the real relationships in your life. Your soul will be fine.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Commenting here because this was a pretty interesting thread that stopped 14 years ago. Its definitely worth a read and further comments from others on their last meeting as an DO, CO, elder, MS, publisher, etc.
  • zeb
    zeb

"when was the last time you disfellowshipped
    a young person?"

So the elders are expected to get a tally of 'kills'?

what did that DO want? a picture stencilled on the side of the elders car or doors of the kh like fighter pilots did of the kills they had made. and why a young person; ...easy target?

To think at one time a long time ago my wife was pushing me to become an elder. As if my bi-polar wasn't/ isn't a hard enough 'cross' to carry. One thing is very certain I would not have lasted very long before I left or cracked up.

• Mailman
    Mailman
    Hi Bro. LEE good morning. What a touching and moving story. I am just an MS for years, never accepted the privilege of being an elder for I was privy to some judicial cases the results of which got my antenna up. Also knew of disagreements and politics within the body. Never motivating. Plus the obligation to judge and disfellowship? This is a very touch assignment to take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit