There is so much evidence around us to prove an Intelligent creator.

by nicolaou 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

It is the unbalanced position of evolutionists that they expect a more extensive argument covering a wider range of subjects regarding a designer than they are either prepared to answer or are capable of answering about random chance.

Evolution doesn't postulate the existence of any singular, intelligent being working behind the scenes to bring everything about. ID'ers on the other hand make positive claims about the existence of such a being, and so they are on the hook to explain how this designer came into existence.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Shawn10538: For the record, as an atheist I say, I do not know how life got here, and I don't think you do either.

For the record, as a believer I say, I cannot prove how life got here, and I don't think you can either.

I can say that the pattern of progression in life fits design at least equally as well as it fits evolution; especially if you erase any presupposition of perfection, omniscience, or omnipotence attributed to the designer.

However, being currently unable to prove the nature of or origin of a designer does not prevent one from recognizing evidence of design. For instance, the following very complex system of propogation seems incredibly unlikely to have arisen by chance alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicrocoelium_dendriticum

This trematode is not alone. Of the 18,000 to 24,000 estimated species, the vast majority of catalogued species reproduce through a similarly complex system requiring multiple host species at various life stages.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• inkling
    inkling
    the following very complex system of propogation seems incredibly unlikely to have arisen by chance alone.

so god intentionally designed that wacky system? Ok. Odd god.

a picture of god as a loony mad scientist.... That is rather endearing i suppose.

[inkling]

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

...... a loony mad scientist who comes up with malaria and sleeping sickness etc etc etc etc etc...................... evolved whoops designed to torture and kill humans of all ages........... too small to even see for thousands of years until the microscope etc etc etc.................

.....assuming an intelligent designer, why don't you want to cut the bastards throat?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If god is a designer I'd rate him quite mediocre as far as designers go, he's certainly no Calvin Klein or Giorgio Armani

Maybe he was working too fast under pressure knowing the first draft of the bible was to start soon, well could be !

• glenster
  • golf2
    golf2

1Cor.1:28, 29, "...God chose the (ignoble) things of the world and the things look down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God."

As I have so often, we can't understand a women, yet we can understand God and creation? Good luck folks.

Golf

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    AuldSoul; being currently unable to prove the nature of or origin of a designer does not prevent one from recognizing evidence of design

It does if you are not prepared to discount the idea of a creator. I would quite willingly accept all I see around me as having been intelligently designed if there were at least a halfway decent explanation for the appearance of its designer.

No explanation has ever been offered.

• golf2
    golf2

nicolaou, how many things can you see and feel, and yet, not see?

Golf

• OBVES
    OBVES

The first step is to recognize that there must be one sacred book God accepts and we must decide using common sense with God's guidance which one it is . The Bible is decisively superior to all other sacred books ! What we learn from the Bible today is a proof.

The way the Bible was written and how it came into existence is so unique that the Bible must be from God.The propehcies and predictons of the end make the Bible a special distinctive book.

If so we can be assured that in the Bible we will find the right answers to the most important questions about who is God , how the world was created etc.

Who is God of the Bible according to the Bible ? The infinite being that had no beginning and has no end in time and space ! So God of the Bible is always invisible and we can know He does exist by the manifestations ( signs ) He was giving and gives.

If God has no end and is eternal we can assume matter the universe is composed can be also eternal and the universe is has no end in space. So this universe we see is the only one universe. Using special methods of calculations based on the understanding of the Bible I came with the conclusion that the universe we see has more than 15 billion years .Scientists can say almost the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit