• TopHat
    TopHat

Annomally was that "The Prisoner"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Yes. Well spotted!

• TopHat
    TopHat

ANNOMaly...and I am showing my age...:)) The Prisoner was on TV long before cable came to town and not much else was there to watch on Wednesday nights or was it Saturday nights?.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

So now I have to go add some things to my Netflix queue.

• The Prisoner (my dad always liked that series)
    • Truman Show (Another insular society)
    • Stepford Wives (most assuredly the original since I've heard from many that the newer one is teh poo poo)
    • The Village (Very good one. Didn't think of this, but I can see it's elements of control and utopia)
    • Wizard of Oz
    • Fahrenheit 451
    • The Matrix (not the crappy sequels)
    • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (as illustrated above)
    • V for Vendetta (you should also read the Alan Moore graphic novel -- comic book)
    • Wicker Man. (I forgot this one in my original list. I saw the original a while ago. Creepy society there!)

Got any more with more mind control elements?

RebelWife, sorry about your husband! So many of us have been there or are still.

Dagney, That is *the* line for me.

Gregor, if your profile age is correct, I can understand your affinity for the original BS. Here's the scene I remember most from it. However, there is something about the Sutherland scene that resonated with me and my experience with certain JWs.

OMG! It's full of pods!

• Gregor
    Gregor

My age numbers are transposed, I'm 26.

I liked the second version also. The two films were actually quite different. For example, in the original, the main character, Kevin McCarthy, escapes being cloned. Donald Sutherland didn't.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    ANNOMaly...and I am showing my age...:)) The Prisoner was on TV long before cable came to town and not much else was there to watch on Wednesday nights or was it Saturday nights?.

I've no idea - I'm only 6. I just caught the reruns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit