Email conversation with my JW brother re: the new light. ARGH!

by Sirona 30 Replies latest members private

• reniaa
    reniaa

The "Such as" better ways are ones not quite so inflamatory and challenging because this clearly hasn't worked here.

Sirona started the email convo with a question he answered with the answers the JW's have given him, you don't like that and so challenge it wanting him to think more on it, which he doesn't want to, now realising you just want to change his thinking not your own so he's resistant now.

You can't change people that don't want to change, all you can do is upset them, if they ask questions themselves then you answer them. Ironically many JW's make this mistake with family members too basically shoving the JW's faith down their throat till the none JW member backs off completely feeling defensive.

I often used to say that new JW's should be locked away for 6 months from family members till they have mellowed a bit as so much damage is done when they are new and full of the "Truth" and just want to spread it to all they know lol

You find this on the doors if soeone wants to discuss things they will or won't but family and friends are a bit vulnerable as they cannot just walk away or shut the door.

I'm sorry if i sound harsh but maybe one day your brother will come to you with doubts and ask you for the answers you can give him then.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I have to conclude that it is fear on his part.

He cannot show how the new light is scriptural (because it isn't) so he has to try and walk away from the discussion.

Sirona

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Sirona: Remember Mark 10:29,30

I'll be your new pagan brother.

• lesterd
    lesterd

How can they go with the "extended period of time", meaning a longer time before this generation see all these things take place, and then say then end is just around the conner? Seems like they had a lot more signs and events hppening at 1914, do get me wrong 1914 was bogus. Oh I keep forgetting that no man knows the day or the hour, nor the angels, not even the son of God, but the FDS does.??? Who did Christ say would be looking for signs in the heavens of his coming??? Wasnt his followers, was it.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    How can they go with the "extended period of time", meaning a longer time before this generation see all these things take place, and then say then end is just around the conner?

Yeah, that part didn't make sense to me either. Looks like they want to have it both ways!

As to the conversation, if all Sirona's brother can only respond with ad hominem attacks, then he's got nothing of value to argue...

• journey-on
    journey-on
    You can't change people that don't want to change

Reniaa is right on this one.

Here is the response to a JW friend or relative that I would make when they want to stand there and defend the borg with the "imperfect men" excuse.

Calmly and matter-of-factly I would say, "The information is out there. The real truth about all these matters is within easy reach of

your keyboard. You have a brain and a mind of your own. It is your choice whether to use it or not. Perhaps this is a test to

see whether you truly follow God or Man. If you find out the truth, but still cling to false doctrines of men, then it has been YOUR

choice to do so, and YOU will be the one to answer for it. I believe many sincere people are being "called" out of that organization right

now. You may see it as a "falling away", but I've done the prayerful research and asked for the guidance of holy spirit and I believe sincerely

that many are being lead out of a false religion into the light of truth. If you put your trust in Jehovah rather than these "imperfect men", you

have nothing to fear by searching for answers. If, after your prayerful search, you still feel the same way, I will bow out and never bring it up

again."

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

There was a period before I left where I would avoid a conversation like Sirona was offering. The reason being that I disconnected the imperfect men led organization with their ever changing doctrine from my friends and social circles and biblical morality (which I still believe in minus the literalism on the blood part and the consciences of judgmental people). I didn't want to defend the organization, I wanted it to disappear. I wasn't ready to leave yet and it took time. In the meantime, I'm glad that others (In field ministry most often) kept pushing the issues. Otherwise, I could have disconnected the two groups for even longer.

Sirona, I really can't tell you whether that is just enough or whether it should be toned down a bit. I think the last email really got to the bottom of it. It's like a guy who likes to drink a lot. He enjoys the people in the bar, the staggering around with his pals, and the jubilation he experiences with loud stories being told. Mentally he disconnects this from the fact that he staggers into a car and risks other peoples lives, gets arrested after being found lying on sidewalks, etc... Until he can realize that the two are connected (which I know one that couldn't for a long time), he can't fix it. Actually, even when the problem is realized the person may lack the will to change it. I don't know how to fix that, but I remind this person often of the connection between the two in order to put it back in his thought process. I don't know how this will go in the long run, but like you, I hope well.

• moshe
    moshe

For some JW's their religion is tantamount to the color of a person's skin- you can't talk a person into changing his race. He might not like his skin, but he has to accept and live with it. Thanks for the current new light changes. I see a JW who is stewing inside about your "tough love" emails.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Dawn,

I had a conversation with my "anointed" stepfather last week. When I told him a few weeks ago that I didn't want to be a JW anymore, I mentioned one prophecy that was creatively interpreted by JWs was the 2,300 days of Daniel. I asked him to prove that it refers to 1938 to 1944 using the Bible alone, without WT pubs. He has yet to respond...it figures..

A@G

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    Jesus said that the thing that would identify true follower is the love and unity, I’ve been to USA Spain Talked to people in New Zealand Georgia Russia France and we are all united in this belief in such a disunited World that’s one of the things Christ talk about, not getting every interpretation of the scripture correct.

This statement doesn't make much sense to me. Jesus preached unity - and we are all united in this belief.

So even if that belief is 100% completely wrong - because you are united in it makes it a display of what Jesus was mentioning? I would hardly think so.....

Morph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit