Email conversation with my JW brother re: the new light. ARGH!

by Sirona 30 Replies latest members private

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I loved your emails and responses. I'm saving your post to reflect on again as I prepare to write my family a letter.

Thank you for sharing.

lisa

• Sirona
    Sirona

Reniaa,

We've talked before on this board and basically you know that I've said that you are basically a JW who doesn't attend the hall.

Just go away please. All you are doing is promoting JWs (as usual) and spouting their bigoted views.

Regardless of someone's motive in asking, JWs claim they are the one true faith, but when they're asked to provide BIBLICAL proof of their beliefs they refuse to do so. They like having easy discussions with people who don't know anything about their ridiculous doctrines. As soon as someone appears who knows what they're talking about, the JW runs and hides.

Sirona

• sacolton
    sacolton

What did he mean by "Pagan religion" and "Tarot cards"?

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol can't you see anything ironical in what you just said about witnesses running and hiding and you telling me to basically get lost off this thread because i challenged your motives on emailing your brother?

I am pro-witness and i am not hiding or running away and i'm here although because i don't attend KH as you rightly say, my knowledge on "new light" is limited to only what i know from this site so couldn't answer it in defence realistically but i do reserve the right to find your emails a little bit baiting of your brother and i'm sorry if you don't like that. you put them up on here for discussion and thats my honest opinion.

If you want to challenge him out of JW's there are better ways to do it than this way.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If you want to challenge him out of JW's there are better ways to do it than this way.

Please explain what that way would be then. Add a positive note of support to the thread. Sirona's intelligent responses were not an attempt to undermine her brother, but to reach his brain it seems to me. His responses were rote, and comical in nature. I saw no threat to his faith in her statements - but he refused to defend them.

My guess is that if he asked, she would be happy to defend logically her religious views. I find it ironic beyond belief, that Jw's, the ones who come to every door in the territory telling people that they 'should examine their religion', are so damned unwilling to examine their own.

Jeff

• carla
    carla

"If you want to challenge him out of JW's there are better ways to do it than this way."--- such as?

I never understood the jw view that to ask a question that they don't like is tatamount to having 'bad motives'. I know my jw (when he was allowed to talk to me about this stuff) would not answer a question if the very idea could have come from an apostate. As if I couldn't come to some of the same conclusions as an apostate biblically? They are an arrogant bunch and when you ask for more details and they can't give them they get huffy and accuse you of bad motives, not listening and not accepting God's channel. Then you ask them to show you why they are God's channel and they get even more huffy! how dare you ask!

They seem unable to understand a simple question as 'show me from the bible' they answer with 'we believe' and you clarify 'no, from the bible' and they take offense and then can't understand why you think it is a cult.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks Jeff,

My guess is that if he asked, she would be happy to defend logically her religious views. I find it ironic beyond belief, that Jw's, the ones who come to every door in the territory telling people that they 'should examine their religion', are so damned unwilling to examine their own.

Exactly!

These are the people I have to watch, day in day out, acting superior and as though they're the only ones with truth! Looking down their noses at me!

I'm so angry right now.

My JW mother on the phone just now basically defended him.

I'm sick of the lot of them! I'm so sick of JWs! They act so f**king superior and won't even discuss their own faith, despite going from door to door like they're saints or something.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

I JUST RELIED WITH THIS:

Hi XXXXXX

Let me get this straight.

You are asked a question about your own religion. I start a BIBLE discussion about it, quoting SCRIPTURAL reasons why this new light seems not to make sense, and you do the following:

1. Refuse to discuss it or "make a defense" of your faith in any way
    2. Suggest that I have bad motives
    3. Suggest that I might be under the influence of wicked spirits
    4. Indicate that I may not be worthy of an answer

Do you realise how bad this looks? Its called avoidance tactics. You don't have an answer because the teaching is not scriptural, not because of the four points I've listed above.

Jesus himself would preach to tax collectors and sinners. He didn't say "you are not worthy so I won't bother telling you".

Also, it is very revealing that you think I'm not worth helping. Maybe the ministry isn't a good idea after all. I mean, those people you speak to on the doors, they might be pagan. They might even own tarot cards (by the way I don't use tarot, its a set of cards but not tarot). Well with your way of judging others and judging who is worthy to recieve a witness, maybe you shouldn't be preaching to them?

On the other hand, those people you meet on the ministry are totally unaware of the unsciptural changes in doctrine that your religion promotes. They are obviously EASIER to preach to because they are not aware.

As for my motives....I have already been totally up front with you and told you that I think that rather than just accepting new light without question, I wanted you to at least consider alternative views, so that your decision is an informed one. If you choose to be a Jehovahs Witness, after looking at all the evidence, that is OK by me. Your faith should be able to stand up to scrutiny - after all your religion claims to be the ONE TRUE religion. If your religion is the truth, then why are you so scared to discuss it?

My other motive was purely that if you DID prove to me that the new light is scriptural, I would be willing to change my view and I would shut up about it and accept that it was based on the bible. Since you refuse to even discuss it I've no chance of changing my view. It seems unscriptural.

You have definately taught me something: I didn't realise that Jehovahs Witnesses pick and choose who they preach to. I didn't realise that they will not make a defense of their faith when they're asked a simple question.

It shows me that EX Jehovahs Witnesses are frightening to you because ExJehovahs witnesses know the real story. I know about the three lots of "new light" on the generation teaching, and I know why there has to be new light which is not based on the bible.

The "generation" doctrine change was just one of the reasons that Gary left the JWs. He was married at the time and in 1993 he remembered having a discussion with his wife....and they said to themselves, "something has to change because the generation of 1914 are getting old now". Two years later they sat at a meeting where the "new light" was discussed which changed the idea. Everyone at the hall just accepted it without even thinking or questioning. How many times can the Watchtower society change its teachings? Did Jehovah direct them to teach the wrong idea for the last 100 years?

But of course we are not allowed to ask such questions are we?

And you've made clear that it doesn't actually really matter whether the teaching is right or not. (they are not perfect....etc.) Strange way to preach "truth" if you ask me.

Dawn

• oompa
    oompa
    Jeff: I find it ironic beyond belief, that Jw's, the ones who come to every door in the territory telling people that they 'should examine their religion', are so damned unwilling to examine their own.

Me to bro.......With most I just get stammering or deer in headlights look when challenged, or pretty much "well, I know it's the truth and will follow the slave"....creeps me out........but my wife trys to defend it emotionally instead of factually/historically/biblicly (and will not look into ANYTHING in depth personally) and just winds up in tears everytime. So I try to keep that event down....................oompa

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The WT have no divine link to god! Nobody does.

The WT know they don't.

But if you don't follow their direction I will cut you off which will mean you have no way of divine salvation - you know the one - that which we're not claiming we have exclusive rights to.

And to think they rip up families with such logic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit