coming announcement!

by buffalosrfree 19 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The much looked for (or so it seems) announcement coming to the finale of a Watchtower Study near you, may just be the thing about the Book Study and if so due to the time of year it is (at least in the northern hemisphere) it would make a fine opportunity for one and all in the congregation to meet say 6-6:30pm to participate in the field circus. That way more people would be a home and therefore there would be more people to (irritate) talk to. Or Not! who knows, Whatever it is, if it is in fact a change, it won't be for the betterment of the Rank and File publisher.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Oh boy another thread on the "big announcement." I love it. Keep em comin. and I mean it. I have not had so much fun in a very long time.

I don't think for a minute that the wt is so stupid that they think they are going to get the r&f out on a weekday night. I remember doing it a few times as a kid and it was one of the worst things ever.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Another thread about this?? Don't you get it? The end is nye!

Quirky1

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I am soooooooooooooo confused, ANOTHER THREAD ON THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! Is there any conclusions Yet or is it all just speculation.

I have heard on another discussion group that is just something about them doing away with the Book Study and condensing it into another meeting at the Kingdom Hall. If thats what it is, its not exactly EXCITING in my Opinion.

There are so many threads on this that I haven't been able to figure out what is spec and what is confirmed. Well I guess we will know for sure On Sunday.

Velvet

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

I think quite the opposite: it is a bug announcement.

After all, when did the WT reduce (or eliminate) an entire meeting?

None in the history.

It is the first time in more than 130 years, they just demand more time of JWs.

If you sum up all the latest changes, it is a mark towards a new era.

• hybridous
    hybridous

If you sum up all the latest changes, it is a mark towards a new era.

Hi there -

This comment is quite interesting to me...I was hoping you could elaborate.

Thanks,

HYBRIDOUS

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Holy Moses, what's this about a special announcement? Someone fill me in, I just stumbled over fifty different threads talking about book study changes when I came in the door just now.

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

I hope this is not some rumor being spread by a bunch of idiots. As someone who's reluctantly going to these meetings, I really would like a night free.

• monophonic
    monophonic

and only a few years ago was the book study all a set up for when the great trib comes b/c that's the only way they'd be able to meet.....so, in theory, it should be the last thing to go from that absurd logic.

not to minimize the pain of 9/11, but couldn't they have missed the wtc and hit the wtbts buildings by accident...empty of course b/c i'm not one for needless murder, even of those who are racist and believe that anyone not believing exactly as they do will be murdered by god himself.

• monophonic
    monophonic

i heard it earlier this evening from a pretty reliable source before seeing it on this board....so get ready for a get out of kingdom hall free card one night a week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit