Blondie and/or Leolaia...I have a question

by BONEZZ 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ
    Society got Satan and Jesus mixed up.

Hey, cut 'em some slack. One wears a white hat and the other wears a black hat. There's been a lot of wind since 1914 so maybe their hats flew off.

-BONEZZ

PS. They've flip-flopped on who is Jesus and who is Jehovah a number of times too haven't they?

• blondie
    blondie

Snowbird, here is the WTS "opinion"

*** re chap. 22 p. 143 par. 6 The First Woe—Locusts ***Revelation, written some 26 years after Jerusalem’s destruction, also describes that plague. What does it add to Joel’s description? Let us take up the record, as reported by John: "Andthefifthangelblewhistrumpet.AndIsawastarthathadfallenfromheaventotheearth,andthekeyofthepitoftheabysswasgivenhim."(Revelation9:1) This "star" is different from that at Revelation 8:10 that John saw in the act of falling. He sees "a star that had fallen from heaven" and that now has an assignment with respect to this earth. Is this a spirit or a fleshly person? The holder of this "key of the pit of the abyss" is later described as hurling Satan into "the abyss." (Revelation 20:1-3) So he must be a mighty spirit person. At Revelation 9:11, John tells us that the locusts have "a king, the angel of the abyss." Both verses must refer to the same individual, since the angel holding the key of the abyss would logically be the angel of the abyss. And the star must symbolize Jehovah’s appointed King, since anointed Christians acknowledge only the one angelic King, Jesus Christ.—Colossians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 15:25.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Blondie, thank you.

I've never agreed with the WT's spin on those verses.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

I couldn't find any previous interpretation before 1950. I'll have to check if there is a pre-1950 opinion.

• minimus
    minimus

It IS easy to mix up Satan and Jesus, right?

• undercover
    undercover

Well, they are brothers...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Easy apparently for the WTS.

Rutherford taught at one time that they were BROTHERS!!!

I have 2 grandsons (brothers) whose names I mix up - but not too often.

Sylvia

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

oooooh now i get it, satan is that bratty younger brother always jealous of all the attention and praise that his bro gets from his dad, now it all makes sense!

• Zico
    Zico

"Rutherford taught at one time that they were BROTHERS!!!"

Don't the Mormons believe this?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Scriptures used to "prove" Satan and Jesus were originally equal (I am working from memory here in a hurry)

Ezekiel, where Lucifer (Son of the Morning) was called the Cherub that is covering, who was placed in Eden.

Christ says in Revelation "I am the Bright Morning Star"

In Job at the creation "the Morning starS cried out joyfully."

The argument was that originally Jesus had a companion Morning Star, who was cast out, so by the end of the Bible there is only jesus.

Incidentally - as mentioned above, the WT changed the "Salvation" book interpretation fairly recently, saying the mustard seed and leaven parables showed that true christianity would grow slowly until the time of the end. I remember raising an eyebrow at the time, but failedto take adequate note of the magazine.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit