2009 year text

by JimmyPage 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate

Jeremiah 20:7

7 You have fooled me, O Jehovah, so that I was fooled. You used your strength against me, so that you prevailed. I became an object of laughter all day long; everyone is holding me in derision.

I vote for Nathans...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    8: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This is from Ephesians 2:8 and 9. I wonder what the chances that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger picking that one.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Prov. 13:12: "Expectation postponed is making the heart sick."

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I second the vote for Nathan's choice... but in true WTBTS / NWT fashion, I want to add something to the scripture (and it will be ok because I'll use square brackets...)

Jeremiah 20:7 :You have fooled me, O Jehovah ['s Witnesses], so that I was fooled. You used your strength against me, so that you prevailed. I became an object of laughter all day long; everyone is holding me in derision.

• Gordy
    Gordy

"The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another.

Most of the people did not even know why they were there."

Acts 19:32

• Gopher
    Gopher

For some reason, Jeremiah 25:27 comes to mind:

This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: “Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that YOU cannot get up because of the sword that I am sending among YOU ."

• peter-john
    peter-john
    Hi, friends

are these texts reflecting your inner state of hearth and mind ?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Hi, friends

are these texts reflecting your inner state of hearth and mind ?

Not for me...just a little light hearted poking fun at the WT.......Some may not approve.

By the way what is a hearth ? and mind

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Deut 23:1

"No man castrated by crushing the testicles or having his male member cut off may come into the congregation of Jehovah."
  • DT
    DT

Jeremiah 5:31 "The prophets themselves actually prophesy in falsehood; and as for the priests, they go subduing according to their powers. And my own people have loved it that way; and what will you men do in the finale of it?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit