2009 year text

by JimmyPage 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The WTBTS is trying to decide on a year text for 2009. Here are the scriptures they are trying to choose from: Ecc. 12:12: "To the making of many books there is no end and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh." Luke 18:11: "O God I thank you that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even as this tax collector." Deut. 18:22: "When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuosness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him." Does anyone know of any other scriptures that might be in the running?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jeremiah 20:7

7 You have fooled me, O Jehovah, so that I was fooled. You used your strength against me, so that you prevailed. I became an object of laughter all day long; everyone is holding me in derision.
  • Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hebrews 10:25

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Acts 19:32

"The assembly was in confusion and the majority did not know for what reason they had come together."

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This thread is laugh-out-loud funny.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Daniel 9:5 from The Message Bible.

We've done evil things, rebelled, dodged and taken detours around your clearly marked paths.

Sylvia

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

How about Ecl 7:3? - 3 Better is vexation than laughter, for by the crossness of the face the heart becomes better.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Matthew 23:13
    But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Luke 11:52 "You're hopeless, you religion scholars! You took the key of knowledge, but instead of unlocking doors, you locked them. You won't go in yourself, and won't let anyone else in either."

Sylvia

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

1 John 4:1
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit