Jehovah's Witness refuses blood for her unborn twins.

by nicolaou 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    is it normal in the UK to refer to 'mother and her partner ' ? to me it reads they are not married but could be just a language thing?

It's an annoying PC thing they do here. Some consider it rude to refer to someone as a husband or wife or spouce even if this fact is known. They feel it somehow is putting down all people who are living together but not married. I hate PC crap, just say it's her freakin husband!

I forgive you for the UK think. You must be American. (not too bright over there). OK - we're even now.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I thought it was interresting that they witnesses and the HLC/lawers said they wouldn't fight this. I think they are very relieved that the judge has ordered this. I think it's like the Alternative Service thing - that witnesses can comply with the government and give in on their beliefs as long as there is a court order.

• Mary
    Mary
    Earlier last year a Congolese woman who was a Jehovah's Witness and received a blood transfusion contrary to her religious beliefs said she believed an alternative remedy of coca-cola and tomatoes should have been given to her when she refused the transfusion.

Regardless of the medical considerations, Jehovah's Witnesses advocate that doctors should uphold the right of a patient to choose what treatments they accept or reject.

Ya----maybe the Governing Body members should do the same thing: Respect the Right of a Witness to choose what treatments they accept without fear of excommunication. Bit of a double standard they've got here I'd say. Not that that comes as any surprise.

This religious position is due to a belief that blood is sacred and represents life in God's eyes.

Yes it represents life----represents it! It's not the same as LIFE ITSELF!! How many more decades is it going to take before these idiots finally get it???

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The ironic thing about this is that she refused a perfectly allowable treatment with blood fractions four years ago, that would have prevented this situation from occurring. Even then, I am sure that fractions such these were acceptable:

"The babies mother has a Rhesus D negative blood group while her husband is Rhesus positive. Their last baby, now aged four and healthy, was Rhesus D positive. The mother was advised to take anti-D blood products to avoid risk to future pregnancies but refused, on religious grounds, to do so. "

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0424/breaking44.htm

It seems odd that she was so determined then to go the whole way in refusing things that were a "conscience matter" - but seems to be relaxed about the transfusion to the yet unborn twins - if I read between the lines correctly.

Perhaps time and circumstance have given her a "more mature conscience " on the matter

• chikikie
    chikikie

silly silly silly silly woman

I hate this policy on blood transfusions, really I wish their was new light on this matter. They should not equate blood transfusions as eating blood, because its not the same thing! Its when I read about this issue it really makes me hate this religion, its so stupid.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I hate this policy on blood transfusions, really I wish their was new light on this matter. They should not equate blood transfusions as eating blood, because its not the same thing! Its when I read about this issue it really makes me hate this religion, its so stupid.

Yea and do you want to hear something else stupid? A Young JW women I know has a rare blood disease, she must go trough some complicated treatments once and a wile because she refuses blood. Well she married not so long ago and became pregnant. This was not good for her because with her disease she would absolutely need a blood transfusion in order to have a baby, so what did she do? She had an abortion. An abortion is easier to hide then a pregnancy that requires multiple transfusions. I don't think she based her decision on what her god might think but more on what the JWs might think.

• chikikie
    chikikie

wanna know something else, i reckon alot of pregant JWs who need a transfusion secretly wish the court would make them and take it out of thier hands.

I really hate the GB, they are men mostly and their lives are not on the line where pregancy is on the line.

infact we need me to be on the GB and I'll kick ass and change this ridiculas law, also I'll make it complusory for JW husbands to make sure they give flowers and choclates to their wives on a sunday!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Before I was pregnant I could only guess at what might go through someone's mind in a situation like this...

but now I can't imagine putting my baby's life at risk FOR ANYTHING OR ANYONE

Sirona

• nicolaou
  • Lo
    Lo

That woman was at my Assembly recently. Everyone was talking about how dispicable it was that she was being forced to hand over the kiddies. Those POOR little babies that are so defencless against the evil governemnt. I just stood there and said nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit