Book study reminiscing - what was your memorable bookstudy experience.

by yadda yadda 2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I have to add that I HATED studing anything about Ezekiel, Daniel or Revelation. Excruciating.

• oompa
    oompa

The time and anti-type ate my type.......................oompa

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

For a few months we had one teen age girl in our book study who suffered seizures... of course she and the elders thought it was because she read Harry Potter books. Well, every single goddamn study she would start convulsing and screaming JEHOVAH and other stuff in the back, as a few elders and her fmaily rushed her to the back room to hold her down and read the Bible over her. Un-freaking-believable.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We were studying the Creation book and in her comment, an elderly sister marvelled at all the beautiful and wonderful orgasms that Jehovah lovingly created.

We all busted out laughing so hard.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Our bookstudy conductor once apparantly had a stroke or aneurism in the middle of the study! He suddenly leaned forward clutching his head and cried "Mommy!" (his pet name for his wife). From that point onward, he gradually spiralled downward, becoming more feeble and more senile, finally dying several years later. His widow went to live in government housing, and his son took over the family business until closing it down and moving away.

• david_10
    david_10

I was probably 16 years old, and I was being "used" in the congregation a lot because I was so Theocratic and such a good example of how young people should behave. After the Tuesday night book study in Sister Harrison's home (I think we were studying the old "Babylon" book") I was called on to say the closing prayer. Just as I opened my mouth, this elderly sister let this huge fart. Bless her heart, she was about 90 and she couldn't help it, but my god, it was enormous. My two brothers broke up and they were nearly killing themselves to keep from laughing, but they weren't very successful. My dad reached over and clobbered one of them, but it didn't help. Everyone, even the conductor, was trembling, they were needing to let it out so bad. Two or three people covered their laughing with a coughing fit, but it was pretty obvious what they were doing.

And there I was, all alone on a high wire.

I gritted my teeth and made it as quick as I could and willed myself not to laugh, and, somehow, I got through it without breaking down. Even my dad said he didn't know how I did it.

What a memory.........

David

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember the one time I wasted Christmas Eve at one of those boasting sessions. I was visiting another study because that family wanted me for the evening. At the book study, we had pizza and people left at about 9:00 PM or later. Then I wasted the night there, and Christmas morning visiting the A$$embly Hell. Good thing it snowed enough that the father had to go to work, or we would have had to waste Christmas Day out in field circus.

Enough to make me wonder. If I called that a "good" time, it shows how pathetic things are in the witless cult.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

When I was about 10 years old, our book study was held at a sister's house. She had some family members from out of town visiting with them for the week. They weren't witnesses, so they weren't in the study. Well, I went to use the bathroom down the hall, and when I walked in a young lady had just gotten out of the shower! I stood there for a second in shock as she screamed her head off. The whole study came to a grinding halt as everyone had to run down the hall to see what was happening. That was probably the strangest thing I've ever experienced at the book study, besides the book study itself.

Another time..... I was asked to be the reader a lot at the book studies, even at a young age because most of the would-be readers in the book study had a hard time reading the "big words" (you know, illiterates). One time while I was reading, the book study conductor actually fell asleep! He..... Fell..... Asleep! So, what did I do? Yep, I kept reading until he woke up! By the time he woke up, I was a few paragraphs ahead of schedule. The meeting ended early that night! Yay!

All in all, the book studies were a major bore to me growing up, because all the book study consisted of was reading a paragraph, asking a question about the paragraph and then re-reading the sentence(s) in the paragraph that answered the question. I used to tune out a lot and just read ahead and wait for it all to be over with.

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

I remember after I was baptised I attended a BS one night in the summer. I sat in the back as always. And a hot-looking black girl sat next to me. She was maybe 16. I was around 18 maybe. Me and this girl were on friendly terms at meetings before. We were the only ones in the back row. Well, we exchanged these emotionally/sexually charged notes the whole hour or so. Plus she kept crossing and uncrossing her legs. She inched up her skirt a little and let me touch her thigh with the back of my hand. My head was down the whole time looking at her legs and feet. She had on a kinda short denim skirt and strappy sandals on. Needless to say I raced home to think about her and wank. The kicker is : Brother K called on me to offer closing prayer LOL That was just the book study...

• marmot
    marmot

Another female-themed reminiscence, I had a perfect vantage point to stare at the rock-hard nipples of a girl that I had a major crush on. I did this for the whole 45 minutes and wanked like a madman when I got home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit