I speculate that the WTS will continue to change and that XJWs will continue to hang on to every change and problem within the WTS as consoling evidence that they will not be destroyed at Armagedo
Wild Speculations About Future Watchtower Changes
I'd bet conventions are on that list of future changes. They must be very costly - they never seem to make budget at my ones,
That's what they would like you to think.
In fact conventions, assemblies and special days are a great source of income, the most reliable they have.
Particularly since the inception of Assembly Halls, have they milked the brothers through these venues.
Sorry to say but they will be the last to go.
I predict the WTS will re-structure itself to be more like the Mormons.
They will teach evolution.
I guess I'm the only one who thinks somewhat of the opposite will happen. I do believe JW's as a whole will lighten up on their stances on alot of things I think that there will be a group that will splinter off and basically go off into compounds and so forth.
I'd wager that within 10 years, conventions are no more - maybe they will substitute with another assembly, or just make the one-dayer a two-dayer and then they will end up with 2x 2 day assemblies per year and no conventions.
That's my wife's guess, too... she's still "in". District Conventions will change to a 2-day (Sat/Sun) event.
If the service centers are being eliminated I see some opportunities opening up.
1) The Kingdom Halls here each become available a couple nights a week. That opens the possibility of a couple more congregations using the halls IF the Society chooses to keep limiting group sizes to the 100 range.
2) I do think the allowed congregation sizes will maybe double. They can easily accommodate that idea since over half of the seating is unused regularly. If the group size increases they could go back to a second and third ministry school using the back rooms.
3) They can now go to open attendance on Sunday meetings like the other churches do on the block.
4) They have too many Kingdom Halls now. Here they could go back to one Kingdom Hall (maybe a slightly larger one than the present two). They could have a Saturday evening service and two Sunday Services open for pick and choose. The only assigned group would be the Service Meeting night.
5) If they are moving away from micro, maybe they will move to macro. Maybe they'll combine several congregations into one larger group. It works for the majority of the other churches in town. If they did that, there would be a whole new sale and building program. Sale of existing Halls and building new, larger ones. It's an industry they are familiar with.
I also figure there are possibly more changes down the road in the religion. The sad thing is that these changes are coming too close together for the active JWs.
I cannot see how these changes can improve morale. I am glad I am out of there so there is hardly any emotional impact on me, just a little sadness for those who are still so 'staunch'. It must be heart wrenching for those who made so many sacrifices.
They will not get rid of District Conventions - buty why not move them to once every two years?