Do we have a need for conflict?

by wings 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    feeding the pain bodies

I read up on that - either in the NOW book or Conversations with God - very very interesting - when you come to see what the pain body is you can become the observer....that is if we're on the same page RC

• wings
    wings
    I never accused believers of being mentally ill

nicolaou: I actually liked that topic. Thought it was interesting. I like debates, occasionally I have opinions. There were an interesting number of posters that did like the comparison of mental illness to religious beliefs. Interesting to say the least.

• wings
    wings
    'If there were no evil women there'd be no evil men'

If there were no women, there would be no men. You guys need us.....

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Just because women gave birth to men they think they own us!!

Trust a woman to claim she can win the old chicken egg argument!

And find any man with a genetic advantage and I give you fields full of females conflicting with each other!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I sense another Us vs Them conflict erupting.........Time for that beer guys....

NMG

• Layla33
    Layla33

I am a conflict theorist, I believe conflict brings about virtue. I first studied Erik Erikson many years ago when he discussed the conflict theory in regards to personality formation and development and I tend to look at the entire process of life and thought processes as conflicts.

You believe one thing, then there is a conflict within yourself or a conflict that someone has brought to you. The two ideas battle with each other until you resolve it and find a virtue.

I think conflict is an important and necessary part of life, all great thinkers, all revolutionaries were conflict thinkers. They challenged the status quo and changed the course of humanity in the process.

In life, with people with different ideas, different backgrounds, different beliefs, we "crash", there is bound to be "conflict" and that is why even with those that I totally disagreed with, I have learned something even if it is just about myself. I value it.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Whatever colours you have in your mind,

I'll show them to you and make them shine!

If you'll lay across my big brass bed that is!

I see where you're comin from Layla

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I enjoy seeing the various arguments for subjects I don't agree with. That's the reason I engage in as many debate type subjects as I do.

I think part of it might have to do with the fact that many of us are itching to debate a witness and destroy their arguments, so in essence we're kind of spoiling for a fight.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I'm crying out to upset a female who'll tie me to a bed and show me hell!

• wings
    wings
    I think conflict is an important and necessary part of life, all great thinkers, all revolutionaries were conflict thinkers. They challenged the status quo and changed the course of humanity in the process.

Layla33, I agree. I also think the contentious discussions on this board (the ones that circle the same tree) are just helping us fight out our own internal conflict and fine tune our beliefs and direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit