Cutting of BS just follows WT plan: No more personal study or research!

by WingCommander 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Wing: honestly, no I can't see this move as another control tactic. I do see it as a move to make it easier to be a JW in today's modern world where it is now common for both parents to work full time. Book studies are not a haven for questioning WT doctrine.

Puh-lease! When has the WTBTS ever gave two shits about family?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I mentioned the BS amalgamtion to my wife, still a Jdub, and she said;"Where did you hear that?". I told her that the info was leaked on JWD. She doubted the validity of it but her first words was;"Wow, another free night!". So, you can see this is going to be their first and maybe their only view of this matter. They will never accept the fact that it may control their lives even more.

What a blinded bunch.

Quirky1

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Sac: I didn't say they did give two shits about family. Having more control over the expression of ideas may be a RESULT of the new arrangement, but I highly doubt that's the reason behind it. Not every change on their part is meant as a control tactic. It's too easy to see every move they make as a control tactic when your eyes are bent on finding it. But based on my knowledge of the changing culture at Bethel with the new GB members, it fits right in with their modernization effort to bring the religion into the 21st century. Having fewer meetings makes it easier for families to be in the religion.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Wing....me thinks you are on to something. The Gestapo is watching!

-BONEZZ

• Dagney
    Dagney
    When has the WTBTS ever gave two shits about family?

My opinion exactly.

Think about it, can anyone honestly say any decision/change from HQ has ever been made for the benefit of the flock, the congregation? I have thought about this countless times and I have not come up with one. I believe all changes are made for the benefit of the corporation.

I understand from friends who attend the bookstudy that it is a far cry from the old days, as far as the study is concern. Very little freeness of speech or banter exists like back in the day. Although this new arrangement it does free up some time, it is a shame that this one opportunity to draw close to others, which was the intent once upon a time, is now gone.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Is it just a coinencidence that all these changes are happening so close together?

1. Separate study materials to save costs

2. Bethel layoffs

3. Elimination of Book Study night

Could this be the beginning for the end of a false religion?

"Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place of demons and prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird!"

"Babylon will become a heap of ruins, a haunt of jackals, An object of horror and hissing, without inhabitants."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit