We're pretty sure what will happen next week but not why.
This thread is just for a list of changes that will affect those who still go.
1) No more private book study arrangements. The book study host will ask themselves "why?"
2) No more congregation book study overseers. They will ask themselves "why?"
3) No more Monday evening goodie nights
4) No more shepherding in the conventional way
5) Coverage of the new bookstudy likely to be reading the questions with no reading of paragraphs
6) The bookstudy contribution box will be redundant
7) No more Saturday bookstudy groups for field service
8) No more bookstudy groups assigned to clean the Kingdom Hall
9) No need for the service overseer to visit each bookstudy and encourage them
10) No more congregation bookstudy picnics!!!
How does this benefit JWs?
1) One less meeting to get dressed for - more time for personal pursuits or just plain old movie night
2) Less incentive to go out in field service as your absence is less likely to be talked about
3) The elders no longer have to worry about conducting this meeting
4) As there will be no CBS overseers, you are LESS likely to be harassed for your time sheet
The JWs might make an extra effort to attend both meetings BUT, nothing will actually have changed for them - it will be easier to miss meetings now that congregation book study overseers no longer exist -
Who will keep track of the faders?