hobbies

by Hortensia 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so I tried to find the right category for hobbies, but there doesn't seem to be one. I just wanted to let you knitters know that I have listed a few hard-to-find Norwegian knitting pattern magazines on Ebay - I think there are some knitters here! I think I'm in the midst of changing hobbies. And of course Ebay is where all old hobby supplies go to live another day. I am fascinated with traditional Nordic knitting, such lovely patterns and colors, but I haven't done any knitting in a while and it's time to clean some of this stuff out. Anyone else find themselves with a stash left over from old hobbies?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I have a whole container of stuff for picture making memories/books or what ever you call it. My daughter tried to get me to do this,

did one book of old photos and there the rest sits. I'll have to hire someone to do the creative memorys,

not great a the picture taking stuff, I do like to take the digital ones on put them on

my computer and email them.

• changeling
    changeling

Hi Hortensia!

I don't knit. But I love you anyway.

changeling :)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well I'd rather you loved me than that you knit but didn't love me, eh? Scrapbooking is something that just doesn't speak to me. I don't see why anyone would want to do it, but maybe that's just me...I like digital photos and storing them on the computer, too. So much easier. But I have six drawers of yarn, quite nice yarn, so I guess once I get all my knitting patterns up I need to start making lots of yarn and needles to sell on ebay...My hobby is now selling Krap on ebay.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

I check eBay for knitting books and patterns a lot... just got Domino Knitting by Vivian Hoxbro. It's nordic knitting and fascinating. How do I find your books and patterns?

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

EBay used to be a great place for selling hobby things. I got a lot for some of my art books and supplies. Then suddenly there was a glut of art books. I had an auction going with brand new books that had cost me over $100 total for the set, all by the same artist. I should have made that much or more, but because so many others offered the same items mid-auction, I wasn't the only one. They went for about $10 plus shipping. At least the young lady who got them from me was thrilled to have them.

SusanHere

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

just search Norwegian knitting patterns on ebay - there aren't very many, about 20, and some of them are mine. I have more to list, just got bored with it today.

when I list stuff, I have to check around first to see who is selling what - if there is a glut, I just hang on to things for a while. I've learned my lesson having sold things at less than value too many times.

I have a friend who has done some domino knitting - she had a lot of fun making a sweater - huge project - and a purse. Before Norwegian knitting I was doing lace knitting with very fine wool - so pretty and kind of a relaxing pointless thing to do. Then I got hooked into knitting socks, that's fun too. But too busy nowadays to knit.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Thanks for the information regarding your auctions...I'll be checking it often over this next week as I need to take my mind off some upcoming events. EBay is good for that, too. Can you recommend a good socks pattern book? Will you be listing one? And the best type of yarn?

SusanHere

• wings
    wings

I look forward to having hobbies again. I use to garden, I was good with plants, flowers.....

I like to cook, but that is more of a life source hobby, not the same.

Maybe someday I'll knit.

BTW, I love you too!

wings

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I did knit and crochet when I was 11, My sister and I made slippers with pom poms for every relative and family member we had. Knit 8 pearl 2...

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit