happy news and confession

by DaCheech 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

congratulations DaCheech

you will suddenly have lots of free time on your hands...glad your wife is OK with this..

as a side note...

sphere:

But I cannot understand why a non-believer will accept a position of authority, to me, that is just immoral.

sorry to hijack...but this comment I felt a need to reply to.... I was an elder for several years while lurking here, including serving on a JC for apostasy....(ironic/hypocritical). Its all about the timing... in the meantime, I tried to help the R&F publishers to just "hang in there" without being too harsh (I hope, but maybe others on the board who know me personally might have another opinion)... I just tried to encourage them the best I could ..... I wouldn't go so far as to say immoral....but definitely a tinge of hypocrisy being an elder and "knowing better about the **Truth**".... I hated it until I knew I had found my exit strategy on my terms...

Snakes ()

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I remember when i stepped down as a MS about a year after first discovering everything. When they announced it, it was if a weight was lifted from my shoulders and i felt nothing but relief. Congratulations!

Morph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit