Why the WT Society is DOOMED!

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Yesterday morning I was listening to 'thought for the day', on Radio 4 BBC.

A Rabbi was discussing why the Jewish Faith had survived for thousands of years.

He pointed out that the centre of the faith was the children. Because the children were put first they wanted to stay in the faith as the faith respected them and so they respected the faith in return.

The problem with the WT Society is that it puts itself first and the children are just a nuisance to be sat silent in meetings, disciplined for wriggling, talking, and just being children. The leaders of the WT despise children and only love themselves, giving only lip service to the care children should receive and more importantly the RESPECT children should receive.

Therefore, with offspring of JWs leaving the WT at the rate of only 1 in every 8 children remaining, the writing is on the wall of the WatchTower Society. All I can say is 'good riddance to bad rubbish'!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

When so much emphasis is put on the end of the world coming soon, it seems they don't really give any consideration to those just now starting their life.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that the wacktower society along with many other relgions are just modifications/adapaptations of the jewish faith.

Scientology is the only faith that comes to mind that is not a modern day extension of jewery.

Ok maybe Buddahism and hinduism arent.

The moslems seem to use the old testament just like the jews do.

• lancelink
    lancelink

A Rabbi was discussing why the Jewish Faith had survived for thousands of years.

He pointed out that the centre of the faith was the children. Because the children were put first they wanted to stay in the faith as the faith respected them and so they respected the faith in return.

I appreciate this comment !

Friday evening I attended a Jewish service (I'm taking a college class religions of the world)and the way that the children are involved is amazing.
    The kids seem to want to be a part of this faith, nothing like the JW way of raising kids.

• sitcomkid
    sitcomkid

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that the wacktower society along with many other relgions are just modifications/adapaptations of the jewish faith. In what sense? I was raised Jewish and studied with the Witnesses for about four years before stopping my association with them. There are some things in common and other things that were so completely different that I could hardly believe they have the same historical roots. I don’t really believe in any religion anymore, but I was educated in both and can certainly speak to some of the similarities and differences. There are many things in common, such as believing in a higher power and being kind to others and no hell or trinity. Even though it is a little off topic, here is a small and not-nearly-exhaustive list of the differences: The witnesses (and other Christians, it seems) have no oral law and thus reject the Talmud out of hand. Sure, a lot of it is rabbinical commentary, but the rest of it is divine law according to the Jewish religion. Witnesses believe that Satan is the devil. Jewish people don’t really have a devil because Jews don’t believe that angels have free will. There is a completely different understanding of the Job story, but I have already gone far enough off topic to explain it here. Jewish people believe in a dual nature while Jehovah’s Witnesses and many other churches believe in a sinful nature only. Jews believe that all people are inherently both good and bad. It then becomes the person's choice as to which nature is followed in each circumstance. As I am sure most of you know, the Jewish people are awaiting the messiah. However, we are not waiting for a savior. Jews believe that there simply will be no savior. The messiah will be recognized as an adult and he will be a born Jew, although he could be the son of a convert. He will fulfill all of Jewish law including the two most important good deeds - -getting married and having children. He will have relations with his wife, and in the great tradition of the Kabala, he will make sure that her pleasure is prioritized above his own. Okay, I have gone way off topic and I am now entering the “adult” zone.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Very interesting point, and I quite agree... never thought about that before.

Not only do they not put their children first (if they have them at all,) they are prepared to SHUN them for disagreeing once they are adults and can choose their paths.

Don't forget another aspect of this is that MOST of them did not even HAVE children "in this old system of things"!!! Armageddon is always right around the corner... "Woe to the pregnant woman". In that way, they could almost work their way towards extinction in the footsteps of the Shakers... (they did not reproduce at all, so when the old ones died out, they had no children to replace them.)

Cheers and thanks for the thought,
    Baba.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

And welcome SitCom!

• real one
    real one

this comment is right on time. it does make religion seem more meaningful when the children are more involved instead of pushed to the side. I agree!

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

Predicting the fall of the WTBS is an exercise in futility, and smells of bitterness.

It's a multi-billion dollar enterprise that has been in business for over 150 years. Multi-billion corporations with long histories tend to keep around awhile regardless of how bad they are 'screwing up'. Think of Ford, Northwest Airlines, RR Donnelley, Wells Fargo Bank, etc.

• Gill
    Gill

Indo_Dude - I didn't say 'when' the Wacktower is to implode just that it WILL!

You can't compare 150 years to thousands upon thousands.

BUT, the WT does not 'care' for children and so it will shrivel away gradually and eventually die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit