Didnt want it controling me so I quit.

by IP_SEC 29 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I came to realize smoking had me under control. I didnt have it under control.

I dont like being told what to do especially by inanimate objects. So I quit. YAY!!! lol it wasnt that hard thankfully.

Started as a rebellion against the dubs, ended up smoking a lot. I really did enjoy it, but found that I couldnt stop. If I decided to stop for a few days by the end of the first day I was subconsciously buying another carton.

Finally made up my mind a few months back.

3 year habit gone.

• free2think
    free2think

Congratulations IP

Do you feel better from quiting?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I feel the same.

I do feel better in the sense that im not under its control anymore.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

IP_SEC........I don't know if you've read my thread on CHANTIX, I am still trying to wuit but i can't take that med any more. How did YOU quit?? Just need some help here as I see many others quit and I just want info.

Thanks

NMG

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    IP_SEC........I don't know if you've read my thread on CHANTIX, I am still trying to wuit but i can't take that med any more. How did YOU quit?? Just need some help here as I see many others quit and I just want info.

Hi NMG.

I didnt take anything. I realize that my past attempts were not attempts at all. They were more like casual not thought out ideas rather than self determined decisions. I think the most important thing for me was making a sure enough decision that cigs were not going to control me anymore.

I suffered no physical withdrawal symptoms.

The hard part was the habit. I was smoking a pack and a half on a good day, a bad day 2 packs, and if I went out pubbing? Maybe 3? I drive a lot so was smoking all the time driving.

I found that if I wanted a smoke, all I had to do was put the idea out of my head, and the desire went away very quick. I guess my ADD really helped me in this case
    Actually the only time I really, really wanted a smoke was with my morning coffee. That was hard to give up. The rest of the day was pretty easy once I got past the morning.

Also I stopped drinking beer and going out for a few months. I knew there would be a big draw for me to smoke if I did.

Plus Im kind of a miser so thinking of all the cash I was saving helped too.alt

Hope any of this might help you NMG.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Congrats, Ippy. You likely have just added seven years to your life.

There's no need to harm one's own body (as in cigarette smoking) in order to thumb one's nose at the Borg. So hopefully others who are trying to quit will be able to break the habit like you did.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Congrats! WTG!

• cognac
    cognac

I came to realize smoking had me under control. I didnt have it under control.

I dont like being told what to do especially by inanimate objects. So I quit. YAY!!! lol

Your so rebellious! Independent thinker, I'd say! lol

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL thank yall! Im proud.

Cognac... yep lol

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Here's some info on addictions (substances and behaviors):

forums.3rd-millennium-inc.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest